Room 335

Present~

Jess's POV:

"How about that dinner?"

A sudden nerve washed over me. Josh and I eating together alone would usually be fine and friendly.

But this time, I was hella nervous to be around him. My heart suddenly started beating fast, the thought of Josh and I seeing each other again flashed in my mind. When we hugged, it felt so intimate. We've never acted like that before... and when he tucked my hair behind my ear, my face went so red.

I couldn't like my best friend... right? I mean... we're just best friends.. and have been for quite some time. I like him but.. did I like him like this? 

Not realizing the amount of time I spent spacing out, I heard Josh say "Jess? Dinner?"

With his hand waving in my face, I look at him with flushed cheeks. Heat covering my body head to toe, as he looked at me waiting for my answer. 

"Ye-Yes. Yeah, let's grab a bite to eat. Where do you wanna go?"

Josh pulled out his phone and began to search. "There's a pasta place not far from here, how about we get some pasta to go and get a hotel room?"

and get a hotel room..

Josh and I... a hotel room..

NO! Jess shut up. Stop thinking. Just stop. 

"Jess? You okay? We don't have to get dinner we can just go get a room and hang out."

With my face even redder than before, I say, "No, no lets get food and a room. I'm okay, sorry."

He smiled and told me it was okay, as we headed to the pasta place and the hotel that Annie told me she was at.

......

Josh's POV:

Jess looked so nervous, did the events at Courtmen drive really affect her that badly? 

Why was her face so red? Was it something I said?

Meh.. maybe it's nerves from all of the stuff going on... I wanna be there for her so badly... but if she doesn't wanna talk about it that's okay. I won't push her.

We got our pasta, and then got the room. Room 335. 

We set down our pasta and chilled. Talking about nothing, anything except what I really wanted to know. Was she okay?

I decided to ask, with the new silence now being too much to bare.

"Jess, are you okay?"

Jess's head shot up and looked at me from the chair she sat in. 

"Yeah, why?"

She tried to act cool, but I knew there was more than that.

"You can't really hide it that well.. I see how bothered you look. What's on your mind? Come on, Jess, you can talk to me."

She nervously bit her lip, I could see her twiddling her thumbs as she thought of a way to properly tell me.

"Well... Okay,"

She took a deep breath.

"...at Courtmen drive, when we hugged... Well, I kinda got nervous.. A new feeling came over me when I saw you again.."

"What do you mean?" I said, getting a little nervous myself.

She tucked her beautiful black hair out of her face, looking at me for a split second with her dark green eyes. 

"I don't know! I..." 

Her voice trailed off, she obviously didn't wanna admit it.

"Jess, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, nothings wrong, I just got nervous because I missed you." She smiled and muttered, obviously wanting the conversation to end.

"Oh, okay.." I say, unsure if nothing was actually wrong.

I let it go, if she wanted to tell me she would on her own accord. 

Part of me hoped, though, that she was going to tell me she was nervous because she had feelings for me.