Chapter Twelve

"Be quiet." Minho groans and rolls over, hugging the closest pillow even tighter just as a loud crash fills the air.

He takes a deep breath and his eyes shoot open as he smells something burning. The TV was playing some kind of kid show and all he could hear was sizzling and faint music coming from the kitchen.

Slowly he sits up pushing the blanket off his lap and rolling his eyes at himself when it finally clicks that he fell asleep in the living room. He ruffles his hair a bit and lets out a yawn, trying to gain the energy to get up and see what kind of mess Jisung had made this time.

After a couple more seconds of staring at the TV he stands up, stretching has arms over his hand shuffling towards the kitchen but slows down as he hears the music. It wasn't Jisung's music. He had never even heard the song before. He takes a couple more steps to see you pushing a pan back off the burner and letting out a sigh.

Smoke filled the kitchen and he notices other pots and pans with burned things in them off to the side. You never turn around but instead lean on the counter behind you while staring at the stove.

For a moment you thought of maybe just ordering food instead. All you wanted to do was make sure Jisung had something good to eat when he woke up. You never realized how bad you really were at cooking though.

Your fingers trace the counter behind you and glances over as Minho slowly makes his way over with his face scrunched up in disgust.

"You can't even cook?" He asks. You roll your eyes and turn around, walking over to the sink and turning the hot water on.

"I can-"

"You burnt toast." He points to the burnt bread that sat on a plate on the counter. You glance at it and sigh before pushing a pan under the water.

"I haven't cooked since I was thirteen." You finally spit out and he sighs, grabbing the burnt pans and pots, setting them next to the sink before opening the fridge.

"You clean all those. I'll make breakfast." He grumbles and you can't help the small smile that slips to your face as you look up at him. He yawns, rubbing his stomach under his shirt as he stares at all the food.

"Thank you. But also you might want to go find pants." You mutter and his eyes shoot down to his bare legs. A chuckle escapes from your lips as he panics, knowing he had only had on boxers the whole time he was talking to you.

"Not a word about this to anyone." He spits out quickly before leaving the kitchen. You roll your eyes and go back to cleaning the pans.

It was calming. The music playing in the background, the warm water running over your hands, the feeling have someone else around, the sun that was beaming in through the windows brightly. It all felt so welcoming.

You scrub the last pan and let it run under the water for a minute before setting it off to the side and looking around the kitchen. It was definitely an upper class kitchen. Everything was high tech and new. The counters and everything shined. Even though the counters were white there were no stains anywhere.

"Grab the milk from the fridge." You look up as Minho struts in. For a moment his words get jumbled up in your brain as you watch him. He had completely changed. His hair wasn't as messy anymore and he changed into sweat pants and a long blue t-shirt that you knew you had seen before.

"Milk." You mumble and turn around grabbing the jug from the fridge and sliding it down the counter towards him as he throws the plate of toast away.

"You can either stay in here and help or go watch TV." You nod slowly and he opens the blinds all the way before walking back over to turn the stove on.

"I'll help." You nod and he glances over at you through his bangs before nodding.

"Hand me the eggs, a pan, rice, cucumbers, and the cabbage." You freeze while trying to remember it all before opening the fridge and grabbing the eggs. He watches as you grab the pan and hand them to him before making your way back over to grab the rest of the things.

"Are you in college?" He suddenly asks and you set everything down slowly, glancing over at him as he cracks an egg.

"I don't have the money for that. Or the time." You reply shortly and he sighs before looking back at you.

"I'm going to get you into a company that will put you through school plus a good job. Just give me a week. Start the rice." He taps on the counter and your eyes move over to the rice cooker as you think about what he had just said.

A part of you was excited and wanted it badly but you knew you'd feel bad for just taking advantage of what happened.

"You don't have to do that. I should be getting home anyw-"

"Your parents think you're on a weekend trip with me. You can't go until at least Monday. If you go back at all." You roll your eyes and let your thoughts drift off as you start the rice with a sigh.

"What am I going to do until Monday then? I have nowhere else." He shrugs and opens a drawer, pulling out a knife and grabbing the cutting board.

"You could always stay with Sung or-"

"Last night was enough. I can't just camp here-"

"Why don't you just tell him the truth?" He stops you and you walk over beside him as he grabs a cucumber and begins slicing it.

"I'm too scared." You say under your breath and he slows down, letting the knife stay still for a moment before finally slicing a piece off.

"He won't hate you for-"

"I lied, Minho. He thinks I'm with him because I have money and don't need him. He thinks I'm doing good. I don't want him to look at me with the same pity look everyone else gives me. For once I felt normal." He sighs and looks over at you while slowly nodding.

"I haven't given you any pity looks." You roll your eyes and lean on the counter, watching him closely.

"I know and you're the first." He lets out a small smile and takes a deep breath before glancing behind him.

"Finish cutting this. I need to finish the eggs." He sets the knife down and you nod, picking it up and taking over slicing it.

You both stay silent and your eyebrows crash at the thought. Why didn't Minho give you the pity look? You haven't seen him one feel bad. He still is mean to you and is playful. He's getting you the job but why didn't he completely change like everyone else?