Chapter Thirty Eight

"Stop blaming yourself." Chan whispers as you stay leaned against the hospital while your cheeks were soaked. You felt so empty.

Everything was falling around you and there was nothing you could do. This time two people died in your place. Not just one. You sniffle before shaking your head.

"It is my fault." You mutter and Chan sighs before getting up to sit next to you.

"Did you make it fall?" He asks and you slowly shake your head. "Did you force Minho to save you?" His words linger for a moment and you move your eyes to him.

"I told him not to." You say and he nods before looking around.

You told Chan everything and surprisingly he believed you.

"Y/n." Your head perks up as you hear a familiar voice and you turn around to see Jisung standing a few feet away with his hands in his pockets.

You slowly look away and he takes a deep breath before glancing at Chan who gets up and leaves so you two could be alone.

Jisung walks over and leans down in front of you. You glance at him while trying to hold back more tears.

"Don't look at me like that." You mutter and he sighs before reaching up to push your hair away from your face.

"It's only been three days." He says and you roll your eyes before brushing his hand away.

"Only three days? Jisung he shouldn't have even..." You let yourself stop when you remember Jisung doesn't know. He doesn't know anything.

"He's sick, Y/n." You shake your head before moving your eyes back to him. "You should get home and-"

"Why did you even come? There's no-"

"I came for Minho. Not you." He stands up and you can't help but be a little hurt by his words.

"I know." You reply quietly which makes him frown.

"If it was you in that room I'd still come though. You're both important to me." You nod while staring at your hands that seemed to get colder by the minute.

"He didn't deserve it." You whisper and Jisung stares at the ground in front of him as he tries to understand what you were talking about but like always he was confused.

You hadn't left the hospital even though you weren't able to see Minho. Chan was with you almost constantly which was nice but he had to go work tonight which means you were going to be left alone.

"Jisung, I think it's time we have a talk." You bring your eyes to him and he looks at you with a bit of confusion.

"Y/n, if it's about us-"

"It's not." You shake your head before glancing around. "Let's go somewhere else." You stand up and he quickly jumps to his feet before grabbing your hand.

"Want to grab a drink or-"

"No, no. Just walk." You pull your hand away from him before shoving it into your pocket which makes him step away from you. You both walk down the hall silently.

Both of you are too caught in your thoughts as you make your way to the courtyard. You didn't even know where to begin but you knew there was no point of trying to hide the truth anymore.

"I'll tell you everything. You're going to think I'm crazy." You laugh at your words as he lets his hand run over some flowers.

"Yeah, I've always thought you were crazy." He chuckles and you roll your eyes with a smile before taking a deep breath.

"Minho isn't sick. It's more of..a sacrifice?" His eyebrows raise and he stops walking once you two reach the fountain.

"Are you guys in some cult?" He asks slowly and you stare at him for a moment while fighting the urge to call him an idiot.

"That would be easier. Minho can see when I die. When I do die he has some kind of...power to rewind time back to save me. That's how he always knew. That's why he was always there." You smile to yourself as your thoughts run through every time he saved you.

Every small mistake he was there to block you from. You never had to worry because you knew he'd be right there when you turn around.

"I'm sorry what?" Jisung's voice pulls you out of your thoughts and you glance up at him while nodding.

"I told you I'd sound crazy but Jisung...The flower shop. The park. The elevator. When Sihyun got shot. This time. All the times he's stopped me from getting hit by cars or falling down steps. He knows. I've watched it happen. It's.... It's slowly killing him."

You both fall silent as his screams race through your mind. The blood that was falling from his lips. The smile he gave you even though he was in pain. The smile, telling you that everything was okay now.

You feel a tear drip down your cheek and you look away from Jisung as he sighs when he sees it. He didn't know what he was expecting but it wasn't this. He hardly even believed in ghosts so it was hard for him to even wrap his mind off of this.

"It did almost kill him." You roll your eyes and Jisung nods while looking away from you.

"I get you're going through a lot right now but lying won't do-"

"Jisung, I'm not lying." You cut him off while trying to think of ways to prove it.

Sadly there was nothing ever left. No way you could prove something like this.

"He's sick? No one can figure out how? He's always saving me? Just connect the dots. I wouldn't lie about this-"

"Do you understand how absurd you sound?" Jisung cuts you off and steps towards you. The sound of his voice raising makes you step back in shock.

You could tell he was growing angry and you didn't care. You had nothing to lose with him anyways.

"My parents...They're drunks. That's why I don't drink. One night Minho followed me home. He saved me. That was the night he brought me to your place. I didn't live in the nice apartments, he still followed me though. He told my parents we were dating in order to get me out of there." Your thoughts run through everything and Jisung tilts his head while watching you as you seem to distance yourself.

He could see everything in your head turning but no matter how much he wanted to believe you he couldn't.

"He forced me into this life in order to protect me for you. He couldn't stand the thought of you getting hurt. Jisung, he would always panic when I'd die. You didn't hear his screams. You haven't watched him curl up in pain. Don't sit here and call me a liar. Don't discredit everything he's gone through for you because you don't want to believe."

He watches as tears fall down your cheeks and you feel your phone begin to buzz in your pocket. You two stare at each other for a minute and you reach down, answering it quickly.

"Hello?"

"He's awake."