Chapter Thirty Three

"Jisung!" Minho calls out loudly as he enters his friends house not looking away from the phone in his hand as he calls you once again.

"Minho!" Jisung calls back while walking out of the kitchen with a bowl of ice cream.

"Is Y/n here? She hasn't been answering her phone." He looks up to Jisung who walks past him, plopping down on the couch.

Worry did rush through him and he'd be lying if he said he didn't care but that's exactly what he was doing. Lying.

"She isn't here." He shrugs and Minho tilts his head while watching as his friend turns up the TV.

"Jisung..." He says slowly but Jisung's eyes don't tear away from the screen. "Jisung, where is Y/n? What happened?"

For the first time Jisung didn't have the energy to argue. He was tired. Exhausted. He had just gotten done with crying.

"Honestly? I have no idea where she is. I don't care either." He says harshly and Minho's arms fall to his sides. It was the first time he'd ever seen Jisung like this.

"What happened?" His voice comes out more stern than he meant for it and Jisung sighs before getting up, brushing past Minho and back towards the kitchen.

"What happened or why it happened?" He asks and Minho follows behind him as he pushes the door open quickly and makes his way to the fridge.

"Both. Explain." He mutters urgently and Jisung sighs before grabbing a bear and turning around to look at Minho.

"We broke up." He flashes a fake smile at Minho before opening the bottle.

Confusions rushes through Minho as he stares at his friend that seemed so...fine. Almost like it wasn't hurting him at all. Like he felt more free.

"What?" Minho's voice falls out small and Jisung rolls his eyes.

"Well really it was more of me dumping her." He chuckles before taking a drink.

He hated the taste. He couldn't stand it but he needed something bitter to wash back the words he knew he was about to say to Minho.

Minho stays silent as he stares at Jisung. His fists stay clenched at his sides and his cheeks sucked in as he bites on them to hold back from snapping.

"If you have something to say then say it, Lee." Jisung raises an eyebrow while washing the bitter flavor out his mouth with his own spit.

"You're a piece of shit." Minho says lowly and Jisung stares at him. He didn't expect that. "You knew how much she loved you and you just-"

"I didn't love her." He shakes his head before taking another drink and Minho's eyes never move away from him even though he felt ready to deck him.

"Really? So when you told me you wanted to marry her all the time, it was a lie? All the time I'd catch you watching her from afar, it meant nothing? The way you looked at her-"

"I wanted her. I craved her. I got what I craved for and got bored." He shrugs but jumps as Minho slams a fist down on the counter.

"You're a liar! You wouldn't ever-"

"It was hard, yes. Especially after seeing how pretty she looked under me. The way she'd say my name was addicting but I got bored." Jisung laughs but only to his own benefit. Only to hide the fact he wanted to cry again.

"You're sick..." Minho whispers and Jisung glances at him before taking another longer drink.

He has to bite back his tears and Minho watches him closely, looking for anything as a give away but he was too blinded by the anger.

"Minho, come on. Let's be honest. She never did fit in with us-"

"You're lying. You love her. Stop doing this!" Minho shouts as he grabs ahold of Jisung's collar, lifting him off his feet a bit.

It was the only time he's seen Minho purely angry and it wasn't a fun sight. He rolls his eyes before pushing the man away roughly.

"I never loved her." He mutters and before he could say anything else pain shoots through his stomach as Minho sends his fist into his friends ribcage.

He didn't even let Jisung register the first hit before moving again to punch the man in the face. He watches as Jisung falls to the floor and he leans down, pulling him up by his jacket.

"She loved you, Jisung. Why would you hurt her?" He shakes the man in his hands and Jisung lets out a laugh before wiping the blood off his upper lip only for it to come back as his nose bleeds more.

He was in pain but it didn't feel like anything. He'd already been hurt enough. He had already beat himself up enough.

"Tell me you don't like her again." Jisung grumbles and Minho let's him fall back down on the ground.

He felt tongue tied. The words couldn't come out.

"A wise guy once told me that if you love someone you'd risk your life and everything you cherish for them. So look me in the eye and tell me you don't at least like her, Minho." Jisung sits up and Minho falls back while looking at his best friend.

He said that to Jisung years ago. It was one thing he stood by. A quote he would live off of. He watches Jisung who wipes his lip off again.

"You broke her based of assumptions?" Minho whispers as tears start to build up in his eyes.

"She'll be okay without me. She needs you." He pulls his knees up, resting his arms on them and Minho shakes his head before sighing.

"You're stupid Jisung. She wanted you-"

"What she needs and wants are two different things. I've seen how you throw yourself into danger for her. I've watched you run to her as soon as you know she needs someone. I've seen her run to you. She may want me but she needs you, Minho. I'm selfish. I can't watch her latch onto you when she's supposed to be mine."

Silence hangs in the air as Minho thinks of everything he was told. He laughs before shaking his head while rolling his eyes.

"Classic Jisung putting everyone before himself." Minho spits out and Jisung glances at the clock on the stove.

"Go get her. Take her home. Make sure she's okay. I'll be back in her life. We just...need some time." Jisung says softly and Minho turns around to see it was almost midnight.

"I'm still mad at you for hurting her. Don't let this think that we're okay now." Minho points at the man before getting to his feet.

"No, of course not. Where's the spice in that?" Jisung laughs and Minho can't help but chuckle before getting up.

"You should get some sleep. You look terrible." Minho adds before disappearing through the door.