Chapter Forty

"Did they catch him?" You stand up from the couch as Minho trudges in through the door of his house while slipping his shoes off.

"No." He mutters quietly and you sigh before sitting back down on the couch.

It had been a few days since your house had been burnt down. Minho was convinced it was the man that shot you. The one who tried to kidnap you. Sadly not even the cops have been able to find him.

"Y/n." You turn around to find Minho walking towards you with his phone in his hand as he shrugs off his jean jacket.

"Minho." He glances up at you before leaning on the back of the couch and letting his face rest next to yours as he stares at the TV.

"Have you slept?" He asks and you slowly look back at the TV.

"A few hours. I had a nightmare." You admit and he glances over as Soonie jumps into your lap. You can't help but smile before petting the fluff ball.

"How do you feel?" You raise an eyebrow before looking back at him.

"How do you feel mister batman." You mock him and he rolls his eyes before reaching his hand down to pet the cat.

"Do you want to go out? You can invite that Chan guy. I want you to come meet some friends." You freeze before quickly nodding.

"Is Changbin going to be there?" You ask and turn your head towards him. He slowly looks at you and you glance at his lips that had to be only a couple inches away.

They were so close yet you feel yourself panic.

"Nevermind. You can't go-"

"No." You whine and watch as he stands up while clearing his throat.

"Go get ready." You smile and kiss Soonie on the head before moving her and racing up the steps.

A smile comes to his face as he sees how you skip steps. Watching you get excited always made me him chuckle.

His smile fades as he looks down at the emails he had been getting sent from everyone. He had everyone he knew looking for this guy and no one could find him.

He knew deep down the setting your place on fire was a warning. There's no way he thought you were there. It was the same man who killed Sihyun. It went much deeper than anyone thought.

A week since he had saved you again and nothing happened. Usually there would be minor things he had to save you from but there was nothing. It had him worried. He knew something big was coming.

It's always calm before the storm, right?

"Minho! Where are my shoes." He looks up at you as he lays on the couch lazily and his breath catches in his throat when he sees the black corset wrapped around your waist tightly. "Also where's my jacket?" You ask, pulling him out of his thoughts.

He could care less about the jeans you had on. The corset was breathtaking. It fit you perfectly and he couldn't look away. Once again you left him speechless.

"Hey." You wave your hand in front of his face and he shakes his head quickly before glancing around.

"Your boots should be under my bed. Your jacket...check the dryer." He says and you nod before taking off again.

He rests his elbows on his knees while rubbing his head and trying to shake off any thoughts. You made it pretty clear that you didn't want to get into anything. You claimed many times that you still had feelings for Jisung but you never showed it.

You were always an open book to Minho and he saw how you used to look at Jisung. The glint in your eyes was gone.

"How do I look?" You jump in front of him while holding your arms out and he scans the blue jeans up until your black jean jacket that was hiding everything the corset was showing off which kind of made him happy.

He glances down to your shoes to see you had taken a pair of his boots instead.

"Y/n those are not your shoes-"

"They are now." You mutter before picking your phone up. "Come on." He jumps as you grab his hand pulling him up.

"You're excited." He chuckles and she glances back at him before stopping by the door while Minho slips his shoes back on.

"Maybe I just want to see Changbin." You give him an innocent smile and he looks up to the ceiling before huffing and turning towards you.

He watches you through his bangs before taking a few steps towards you. You back away while keeping your arms to your side and you feel him move his arm to the door beside you.

Your heart starts to race and you feel you breath start to get heavier which makes him smirk before turning the knob on the door behind you.

"Don't make me regret bringing you." He mutters and you nod before slipping around him and following him out of the house.

The car ride didn't take long and was mostly full of singing and arguing over how to spell a few words but it was fun. By the time you got into karaoke bar you were already having a good time.

He leads you into a room and his hand wraps around yours when he hears you start to whisper to yourself. He knew you were regretting coming with him.

"Look who finally showed." You step beside him and your jaw drops when you see everyone.

Changbin was leaned in the corner with a drink in his hand while Jisung was dancing around with a tambourine in his hand. Your eyes land on another man who was laughing with someone else.

"Is that Hwang Hyunjin?" You ask quickly and Minho snaps his head towards you.

"No, don't look at him." He raises his hand to cover your eyes but you quickly push it away.

"And Lee Felix?" You fake a cry and Changbin smiles at you two before standing up.

"Hey. Glad you could come." He opens his arms to hug you but Minho steps in front of you quickly, getting hugged himself. You can't help but chuckle as he sends you a glare while you walk around him.

"Looky there." Your eyes move to Jisung who walks over and grabs your hand before pulling you into his chest. You wrap your arms around him but stop when you smell whiskey on him.

You look up to his face before pulling away from him when you see he was drunk.

"Oh come on. Not even a hug?" He pouts and you take a deep breath only to feel Minho's finger intertwine with yours.

"Are you drunk?" Minho asks and you feel Changbin rest his arms on your shoulder as the three of you look at Jisung.

"He's wasted." Changbin says and Minho glares at him before pushing his arm off of you and moving you to his other side.

Your eyes land on Hyunjin who looks up at you and you smile before pulling away from Minho to reach your hand out to the man.

"Hi, I'm Y/n." You introduce yourself and he chuckles before shaking your hand.

"I'm-"

"Hey." You feel arms wrap around your waist only to glance back to find Minho carrying you towards the chairs that were on the other side of the couch.

"I'm Hyunjin!" He shouts acrossed the room and you nod before waving at him.

"You're being a bit much." You say and look to Minho who sits next to you with his arms crossed as he glares at everyone.

"This was a bad idea." He mutters and you roll your eyes.

"Oh come on. It is not-"

"And this song goes towards my Ex. Who is here." Jisung yanks the mircorphone away from Felix as Good 4 U starts to play and you sigh, trying to hide your face in your hands.

"Someone take the mic!" Hyunjin complains and you stand up, escaping Minho's reach before snatching it out of his hands.

"Sit your ass down and stop acting like a complete jerk! You did this!" You point out but regret as soon as you see tears start to build up in his eyes. "No, Jisung don't cry." You wrap your arms around him and he cries onto your shoulder.

"Can you get off my girlfriend."