Chapter Forty Six

"How does it look?" You ask while walking down the steps quickly, holding the dress up to make sure you don't fall down.

Minho turns away from the small mirror on the wall and his breath stops when he sees the red silk wrapped around you. He knew what the dress looked like. He was the one who designed it but he didn't expect you to look so perfect.

The middle wrapped around your frame and the top hung low but not low enough to really show anything. The thin straps ran over your shoulders effortlessly and the slit in the side let your black heels be visible.

He was speechless. Your hair was thrown into a low bun and yet you looked so stunning. His hands fall to his sides as a faint smile plays on his lips while you smooth the dress down.

"Lover boy?" Your voice pulls him back to his thoughts and he gives you a small laugh as you stop in front of him.

Your eyes scan the suit he had on before letting your eyes land on the red tie that was terribly tied.

"You look incredible-phenomenal, really." You smile at how nervous he sounded before stepping forward to fix his tie.

"For being you...You look rather dashing." You mutter and he smiles down at you before clearing his throat as you shove the tie down into the blazer.

"We should get going." You nod and he turns around to grab his phone off the table before holding his arm out. "Honey bun." You sigh before holding onto his arm.

"No more nicknames." You complain and follow him out of the house and towards the car.

"You just called me lover boy-"

"To catch your attention. The only time I call you names is to mock you or to make you listen because you have the attention span of a three year old." You laugh and let go of his arm to walk around the car only for him to cut you off, opening the door for you.

"I do not. Three year olds are demons. I'm an angel." You raise your eyebrows before patting his shoulder.

"Must be like a guardian angel or something then." You mutter and he nods before closing the door and walking around to get in himself.

"Or maybe the angels guardian." He sends you a wink and you roll your eyes.

"Don't start calling me-"

"Angel, would you mind turning on some music." He smiles at you and you sigh before turning the radio on and flipping through a few things.

"How long do we have to be there?" You question and he hums while trying to stay focused on the road but anytime he caught a glimpse of you he'd want to turn his attention towards you.

"An hour or two. Or three. I am kind of the son of the CEO. And you're my fiance-"

"Minho, we have only officially been together for two weeks." You stop him and he glances at you.

"How long unofficially?" You tilt his head at the question while trying to think of it all.

"I don't know almost a month?" He raises his eyebrows before nodding and turning his attention back towards the road.

"A month is long enough for me-"

"No." He chuckles and you take a deep breath before glancing around the city.

"After the party do you want to go out? Like on an actual date?" He asks quietly and you turn to him as you try to keep the smile off of your lips.

"Like...date date?" He nods and you bite your lip before nodding slowly. "Yes." He wiggles his shoulders around in excitement and you both talk about your plans before finally getting to the party.

It filled the entire runway room which surprised you. There were people everywhere and lots of models that you seemed to recognize.

Minho was dragging into talking to people so of course you were introduced around until you ran into someone. Changbin stands in front of you with a smile on his face as Minho crosses his arms with a sigh.

"Why are you here?" Minho asks and you slap his arm.

"Because I was invited?" Changbin mutters and you chuckle before looking at Minho who looked ready to talk back.

"Minho, son. Come here and meet the Chois." You hear his father yell and you nod for him to go, leaving you and Changbin.

He holds his hand out and you take it as he leads you out to the dance floor.

"How's everything going with that dumbass?" He asks while letting his hands rest on your waist lightly. You could tell he wasn't really trying to touch you since it was more light brushes than him letting them rest.

You let your hands fall onto his shoulders as you two sway back and forth to the song that was playing.

"Pretty good...he's a dumbass for sure though." You both laugh and Changbin looks over to find him glaring at the man and you roll your eyes playfully.

"I'm glad he found someone like you. Sihyun was an ass sometimes but she would have wanted him happy. He seems to really like having you around." You feel your heart flutter at the mans words and you look back at him.

"That really means a lot from you, Changbin." You whisper and he gives you a smile before taking a deep breath.

"That being said. He still is my best friend so you can't leave him. I can't watch him breakdown again." You feel your shoulders fall at his words and you think back to how hurt he was when Sihyun passed.

"It wouldn't be as bad with me. He had known Sihyun since-"

"He'd be ruined, Y/n. I've seen the way he looks at you. He never looked at Sihyun like that." You sigh before smiling at Changbin.

"We should have a party or something. Like a surprise one. God knows we all need one. We can go to-"

"Jeju." He cuts you off and you nod quickly. You both get excited and he lets his hands wrap around your waist tightly as you both start talking about it.

After a minute you feel his hands ripped off of you and he's pushed away as Minho grabs your wrist and pulls you by his side.

"I'd love it if you didn't touch my girlfriend like that." You glare at him before stomping down on his foot as Changbin fixes his suit. He hisses and bounces around a bit and Changbin laughs a little.

"So possessive. Not every man that looks at me is going to-"

"But you're so pretty. No one else can like you. Do you realize how long it took for me to finally get you after Jisung?" He asks and you tilt your head while watching him.

"You what?" You ask and Changbin glances between you two. "Did you purposely do everything to make Jisung break up with me?" Your words come out sharper than expected and he stands up straight as a few people look at you two.

"Y/n, no. I didn't mean it like that. I was just-"

"I need some air. I'll be back." You brush past him quickly and Changbin sighs while watching as you walk away with your arms crossed.

"That's fucked up, man." He says and Minho looks at him slowly.

"I said I didn't mean it like that." He whines before following after you.