Chapter Fourteen

Your eyes scan the man in front of you slowly. From the messy hair and long lashes down until his hands that had needles coming and going from them. He looked so peaceful even after everything that had just happened.

Your mind flashes back to the image of him through a mirror. It was only a few seconds but it felt as if it had lasted forever. You'd been trying to get his scream out of your head but you couldn't. You were just so confused.

You remember the faint sound of screams around you and blood all around you. A stabbing pain shooting through you but it was so dull that it felt like you were going numb. All you could focus on was Minho.

"When are you going to stop staring at me?" He asks quietly while scrolling through his phone and you move your eyes away quickly.

"I was just...worried?" You say and Jisung takes a deep breath before looking back at his friend.

"Are you sure you don't remember anything? Minho you passed out. This could be serious-"

"Han, I'm fine." Minho stops him, putting his phone down and groaning. You feel your phone buzz and you look down in your hand to see your mother calling.

You get up to take the call but freeze as Minho snatches it from your hands quickly, pushing it to his ear as he answers it. Automatically you hear your mother yelling but he just looks to you before sighing.

"Please stop calling for the time being." He says shortly and hangs up. Jisung looks between you two in confusion and you take your phone back as you feel yourself get worried. You knew they weren't gonna be happy with you when you got home.

"Who was that?" Jisung asks and you glance down towards your phone.

"Spam callers. They were calling her all day yesterday." He lies quickly and you nod a little. Jisung moves his eyes to you before smiling a little bit.

"I'm going to run and grab something to eat. Want anything?" He asks quickly and you sink back into the chair and hiss to yourself.

"A latte." You smile and he nods while leaving the room. Your eyes trail to Minho and you clear your throat."You know...It's kind of weird." You finally say and look up to find Minho watching you with his phone lazily in his hand.

"What is?" His voice sounds drained and you let your phone fall back into your lap.

"Since I met you just days ago I've almost died three times. Each time you...saved me or stopped me." You grumble and he looks away as he clears his throat. You could tell he was trying to come up with something as his eyes scanned everywhere in the room but you.

"It's just coincidence." He mutters and you take a deep breath before tilting your head.

"Why did you follow me home?" You ask and he looks back at you.

"I was curious-"

"So you weren't following me to protect me?" You stop him and he rolls his eyes.

"I don't care that much-"

"I saw you. The elevator. You screaming." His face drops and he stares at you. You expected an eye roll or scoff not for him to just freeze. You begin to panic a little bit yourself and he blinks a few times before moving his eyes to your hands that were starting to shake a little.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He whispers and you cross your arms.

"Minho, I was dying." You say and your voice shakes only for him to shake his head a little bit.

"You're insane, Y/n." You feel yourself grow a bit angry and you shakes your head before standing up, shoving your phone into your pocket.

"Fine. Keep denying it. I'm leaving." He watches as you walk towards the door and groans to himself as you leave, slamming the door shut behind you.

He takes a few deep breaths as he tried to control himself. He wasn't sure how you remembered that or why he didn't want you to. Maybe he thought that if you saw it too then it was really real.

His eyes stay on the door for a couple of seconds until he pulls his phone back into his hands. He had been getting calls from his Father for a while but he didn't care to pick them up. He didn't want to listen to the nagging.

His thumb scrolls through a few Instagram posts but nothing seemed funny or interesting to him at this point. It was all the same. Just random faces on the screen. He leans back on the bed and clicks out of Instagram before freezing as a message pops up.

Panic flows through him as he sees the text from the unknown number. It was another one.

Unknown
How tragic would it be to know the girl died right after a fight?

Without thinking he sits up and looks around the room for his clothes. His eyes land on a piece of his pants in one of the cabinets. He rips the IV's out before getting out of the bed, ignoring the pain shooting through his hands. Blood drips down his hands as he pulls the bag out of the cabinet, throwing on his jeans and the hoodie.

Not caring about the monitors beeping he rushes out of the room and heads for the elevators. People stare at him as if he were a mad man as he stands in front of the doors cursing to himself. Reaching forward he presses as many buttons as he could but none of the doors were opening.

"Come on!" He lets out in frustration before slipping by a few people and heading into the staircase, almost hitting a man with the door as he flies in. He watches his feet as he glides down the stairs easily and finally makes it to the first floor.

Everyone watches him as he whips his head around looking for you. A few people notice the blood that was dripping down his fingers but no one stops him as he leaves the building in a flash.

His eyes scan around as he runs up the sidewalk and back towards the road. It was busy like always but it was practically downtown Seoul. His hands begin to shake and he takes deep breaths until his eyes land on you as you stand on the side of the road, looking down at your phone.

"Y/n!" He yells. You don't look up or hear his voice but take a step forward as someone next to you steps out towards the road.

You glance up as you hear a horn blaring and look beside you to see no one there. Your heart speeds up but you're frozen as you stare at the truck come racing towards you. Your eyes close shut as you get ready for the impact but you never feel it.

A hand wraps around your wrist and you feel yourself whip around into someones chest. You keep your eyes closed as you take deep breaths and tears slip down your cheeks. His hand stays on the back of your head tightly and you feel the breeze of the truck pass right behind you.

He pulls away a bit and you look up to see Minho staring down at you softly, his breath fanning acrossed your face gently and his lips part as he takes deep breaths.

Neither of you speak but stare at each other for a few seconds. Your heart never slows down but instead feels like it had gotten a little faster. His hand trails down and intertwines with yours making you snap back into reality.