Chapter Twenty Five

"Are you sure?" Jisung's voice creeps through the room as the tension stays in the air.

Like before the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong but whatever was happening to Minho it had gotten worse this time.

They asked him to stay for tests but he knew that there was no point. There was no explanation as to what was happening. He couldn't explain anything to anyone. Nobody would believe him. You didn't until you saw it yourself.

Jisung's eyes linger on Minho who was standing in front of the flowers that you had been looking at earlier. He catches onto the note and pulls it off slowly.

I'm sorry for you loss. Sihyun is resting now and isn't in pain.
Things will get better. We believe in you.

He stares at it as a few tears end up flowing down his cheeks. He tightens his grip on the jacket in his hand while he thinks of it all.

He couldn't remember much. His memory faded in and out of him trying to reach for her.

How she was crying for him. Her screams would't leave his head. He tried getting it off his mind but he couldn't.

All the memories were flooding his brain. He had known her since they were both kids. They were best friends at one point. They'd stay up until 1 am having random talks. They'd sneak out for fun.

They were friends.

Everything was ruined the moment the two were forced into dating. She ended up falling for Minho and at one point he thought he had fallen too but he never did. He tried. He wanted to but it always felt so wrong to him.

He still took care of her. They would laugh together and cry together. For awhile they were still each others number ones. She changed though. He did too. They didn't work together anymore.

He never wanted this for her. He still wanted to see her be happy. He wanted to watch her grow old and have kids. He wanted to stay by her side as a friend.

It was killing him.

He didn't know what to do. Everything seemed so empty. Usually she would have been there, wrapped around him. It was almost like he felt cold without her.

"I'm positive. They'll never figure out what's wrong." He finally speaks up and Jisung sighs before grabbing the bag that was sitting on the bed.

"You could at least let them try." He grumbles and makes his way towards the door but freezes when he sees the note in Minho's hand. "Come on. Let's get you home."

Minho snaps out of his thoughts and turns his head towards Jisung who was staring at him softly. It hurt to see his best friend like this.

It hurt him too. Him and Sihyun weren't the closest but she was his friend too. They all were close for a long time.

"I don't want to go home.." He mutters and sets the note back down on the table. "Let's get Y/n and go to your-"

"I think we should let Y/n be alone for a bit." Jisung stops him as he remembers you words and Minho tilts his head while looking at the boy.

"Why?" He asks and Jisung sighs before shaking his head.

"She needs some time. That's all-"

"What about me? I just lost someone really important. I'm sick and they can't figure out what's wrong. Why does what she wants matter? I need her right now. That's what should matter." Jisung watches him closely as he sees tears form and he couldn't help but grow a little angry at Minho's words.

The two hadn't even known each other for a year yet they act like they have known each other for at least six. Why did he need her? Why did he need her and not him. Jisung was his best friend not her.

"You know what? You go to her. Let me know how that goes." Jisung shoves the bag into Minho's hands and something quickly comes to mind.

"Her ankle. What happened." Jisung's hand stops on the door and he questions whether or not to leave but decides against it.

"She was running trying to find you. She told the police she tripped over herself but someone pushed her down some stairs. A witness came forward earlier. They're searching cameras. They have been all day." He glances back at Minho who takes a deep breath before looking down.

"Jisung, she could be in danger right now. We need to see her." Minho takes a few steps towards the door but stops as Jisung blocks his path quickly.

"What's her favorite color?" He asks and Minho stares at him before letting his eye brows crash.

"Pastel green. Why?" Jisung looks away before biting his lip.

"Birthday?"

"September 24th." Minho takes a step back and Jisung moves his eyes up to the man.

"Does she dance?" He says slowly and Minho nods. "What's her favorite food?" He moves his eyes up to Minho who clears his throat and looks away.

"Chinese. The sweet and sour. Why are you asking all these-"

"How old was she when she hard her first kiss?" Minho freezes as the question slips. He tilts his head while thinking to himself but he was really stumped.

"I don't know...She's never mentioned ever kissing anyone." He finally says and looks up. Jisung tries to hide his smile but fails. "Why?" He snaps back to his original purpose.

"Why do you remember all these little things about her? Can you tell me Sihyun's favorite food? Her favorite color. How old was she when she hard her first kiss?" His words come out quickly and Minho's shoulders shrink.

He didn't know the answers. Her favorites would change randomly.

"Jisung, I don't know where you're going with this but just drop it please." He steps around Jisung to try and leave but Jisung grabs his wrist quickly.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't have feelings for her." Minho freezes at the words and he feels his heart drop as if he were on a roller coaster. "Minho, I really need you to tell me that you don't." His grip tightens and Minho avoids his eyes as he hears the mans voice crack.

Why was it so hard for him to say he didn't? He was about to open his mouth but stops as Jisung's phone begins ringing. They both back away a bit and Jisung quickly answers the phone, his eyes widening slowly.

"Wait what?" Minho tries to hear but doesn't understand anything. "Yeah okay." Jisung hangs up before tapping a few other things on his phone.

"What is it?" Minho asks while stepping closer and Jisung shakes his head quickly while scrolling through something.

"Oh no." He whispers and Minho takes his phone to find a picture of them kissing.

He moves his eyes up to Jisung who was beginning to panic and he sighs before rolling his eyes.

"Guess the cat is out of the bag." A smile comes to Minho's face even though he was holding the jacket in his hand so hard that his nails were digging into his palm.

"Not the time." Jisung grumble and Minho feels his jaw clench as he looks at the picture once more. A scoff falls from his lips and he shakes his head before shoving the phone back to Jisung.

"Have fun with this one."

And with that he left. They didn't speak. Jisung didn't try stopping him but he was glad about that. He felt as if he was being suffocated.