Part Eleven - 1910

1910

It was a late summer night when Tommy and Sarah were laying down on a blanket in front of the canal, watching the sunset. This had been one of their summer rituals since they were younger. They'd spent all day with Charlie at the yard and riding the horses, Tommy had been teaching Sarah how to ride equestrian normally instead of having to side-saddle, which had been entertaining, to say the least, but finally it was just the two of them. At one point Sarah had noticed Charlie pull his nephew aside for what seemed like a serious conversation
"I meant to ask was everything ok with Charlie earlier?" She asked as she sat up

"Why'd you ask?"

"Seemed like you were in trouble."

Tommy sighed and looked at her "You know Lady Sarah?"

"Yes?"

"Turns out her backstory doesn't add up."

"Well, why does that matter it was a one-time job. Right?"

"Not exactly."

"Tommy..." Sarah groaned at her boyfriend, "I thought we were done keeping secrets."

"I thought you didn't want anything to do with the business."

"No. I just don't want it to go too far, that's all."

"Arthur will sort it."

Sarah snorted at his comment and had to bite her lip to restrain herself from laughter
"Sorry, yeah I'm sure he will."

Tommy leant over to her and gently placed his hand on her cheek to kiss her, which she reciprocated by pulling him closer until his hand was running through her hair, she pulled him down so that he was on top of her, only pulling away from their kisses to catch their breath. Tommy's hand slowly roamed its way up her thigh, pulling up her dress with it, it was only when she started to unbutton his shirt did he realise what direction this was going in. He pulled away and sat them both up making Sarah frown as he rested his head against hers. The pair had been intimate before but had never gone all the way.

"Not here." He mumbled against her lips

"Where else?" She said impatiently, making him let out a soft laugh,

"Somewhere, I don't know-"

"You dare say the word romantic." She said, pulling away from him and shooting him a look, which only made him laugh again.

"Sorry for wanting to make it special."

"It already is special because it's you, besides it's not the first time that we've done stuff." 

"This is different."

Sarah straightened up and looked around, she saw an abandoned canal boat and stood up, pulling Tommy along with her.

He raised his eyebrows as he followed her inside, "Really?"

"Why not? It's inside, there are blankets, it's in our spot, tell me somewhere better." Sarah answered.

"I could tell you a lot of places better," he said laughing as she crossed her arms "but if this is what you want-"

"It is Tommy. It is what I want." She said as she unzipped her dress and stepped out of it.