Part Ninety - Two

Sarah was heading for the stairs towards Tommy's main office, she'd found a cottage for herself and Charlie and wanted to meet Tommy before the meeting to go over the finer details of it.

However, what she was not expecting was to see Tommy and Arthur scrapping behind his desk as if they were kids again.

"What the hell are you doing!" She yelled announcing her presence, rushing over to separate them when neither of them stopped, she grabbed them both by the scruff of their necks and shoved them away from each other "Stop! Enough!" She warned them both.

Sarah looked between them waiting for an explanation.

"Arthur knows," Tommy said catching his breath back.

"Right." Sarah nodded as she sighed and held onto the desk to steady herself looking at Arthur and waiting for his oncoming outburst. Sarah winced and didn't make eye contact as she spoke to Tommy, "you alright?"

She didn't want to ask him that especially not in front of Arthur because this was the exact reason he didn't want people to know. Tommy cleared his throat for a response of reassurance giving Sarah time to take a deep breath and look at her brother.

"So what's gonna happen? Your just gonna put a bullet in his head? Leave him there? What?!" Arthur demanded answers.

Tommy cracked his neck tiredly and spoke up, "You tell no-one else until I am gone." he warned his brother.

"Until you're gone, yeah?" Arthur scoffed.

"When the time comes, we'll call you. I'll tell you where. It'll be a wagon." Sarah explained

"Fuck your wagon!"

"Fuck! Arthur!" Sarah yelled slamming the desk with her hand becoming frustrated.

Tommy continued to explain the plan, "You light the flame. You bring Charlie and Curly and no-one else. Get drunk. Rake the ashes for silver and gold.

"Fuck you! Fuck you both! And your fucking plans!"

Sarah was still stood up gripping the desk, scared if she let go she'll fall to the ground. Tommy took a deep breath as Arthur flung papers off the desk and turned to the whiskey that Tommy kept in front of Johns's portrait. Tommy ignored his brother and went over to his coat stand to get his things ready before they headed to their meeting

"That time, I did let you fucking win." Arthur began pouring himself a glass and looking up at his Late brother's face, "John...Fuckin' you, John, Cain. Fuckin' three of you."

"Fuck" Sarah whimpered feeling like she was going to be sick at the mention of their names, Tommy made his way over to them but Sarah rushed away from him ignoring him calling her name, she decided to meet them at the Garrison she couldn't stand it anymore the waiting, she needed it to end.

As soon as she stepped out of Tommy's office building the contents of her stomach spilt onto the cobbles of the pavement. Wiping her mouth and taking a deep breath she headed to the garrison, needing anything to take away the taste of bile in her mouth. Walking in she headed straight behind the bar, getting the whiskey and rum down for everyone, setting glasses on the bar and making sure Tommy's table was set up. She sipped her whiskey with water and sat at the bar not wanting to sit next to Tommy and Arthur out of fear she'd take one look at Arthur's broken eyes and burst into tears. Sarah's hands were shaking by the time they both entered, Arthur wanted to apologise to her but as he reached her she shook her head not wanting to lose it so instead he squeezed her shoulder and sat at the table. Tommy walked up behind her and pulled her back into his chest, pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

"You orright? Yeah?" He murmured to her.

Sarah swallowed deeply and nodded, her hand still shaking Tommy reached over to where it rested on the bar and squeezed it.