Part Seventy - Eight

Sarah was happy that Tommys thoughtfulness had reached even further as he'd arranged their wedding reception to be at her manor, which was now used as a country house for her fiery red headed friend when she wanted a break from London. It meant that sarah got to celebrate in not only the place she called home for so long, but in the place she and Tommy had gotten back together. It had been difficult for sarah to make the decision to move from her manor to Arrow House because her manor had been hers from the start. She bought it and did it up with all her own resources, and took pride in that fact, but giving it up was a compromise she'd made. Although truthfully she had enjoyed redecorating Arrow House to her own tastes.

Once the speeches were finished Sarah and Tommy took to the floor for their first dance. Tommy held Sarah close in his arms as she looked around the room at everyone in attendance. She took notice of those around her and how their lives were. In particular she noticed how once again Finn and Ivy were looking cosy in the corner of the room. Sarah was protective of the girl and didn't want her in this life, she knew she would have to talk to Finn. Then her eyes flitted over to a smiling Madeline and Arthur and her mind became curious about what Tommy had told her, but any other thought she had went away when she felt Tommys hands slip down to her waist.

"Any regrets Lady Sarah?" He asked in a murmur.

Sarah smiled at him "Not one Thomas."

Tommy fought back the wince that he usually had when she said his first name, even though he could tell how amused she was by it.

"There was more earlier, you know."

Sarah frowned in confusion, "More of what?"

"More things I wanted to say." Tommy rested his forehead against hers as they swayed slowly to the music, "You punching me in the face when we were kids was the best thing that could've ever happened to me."

"Yeah well, it taught you to always prepare for the unexpected." She joked.

Tommy smiled, "That punch made me realise that I would be obeying you for the rest of my life, even if it's not always direct. I always listen to you and you are, and will always be my partner in life, love, and business. In everything."

"And you are my partner in life, love and business and everything in between. Our souls are one tommy."

Tommy nodded along to her, still not convinced that he had much of a soul left to give his new wife "Whatever is left of mine belongs to you."

"As does mine." Sarah whispered back.

In that moment it felt real, it really felt like it was just the two of them in the room, in the world. It was just right.

()()()()()()()()

"Mu-Sarah" Ruby called, tugging on Sarah's arm to get her attention as she talked to some guests.

Sarah excused herself as she guided Ruby away to talk quietly. Ruby still wasn't sure what she should call Sarah, neither was Charlie for that matter. They knew that she wasn't their mother but she did everything a mother does and she's always been in their lives since they were born, it felt right to call her mum but it still seemed to soon and despite how happy it made sarah when they referred to her as their mother she and Tommy had agreed not to push it on them.

"What is it my love?" Sarah asked as she bent down to Ruby's height.

"Is it bedtime soon?" She asked rubbing her eyes.

Sarah could see Charlie yawning from his chair a few feet away. She'd been so busy that she hadn't even noticed the time, putting her drink down on the nearest table she took ruby's hand.