Part Ninety - One

Tommy and Sarah were having one final dinner with Jack Nelson before he went on his way to which Sarah had the delight of sitting opposite him as Tommy sat at the head of the table.

"Oh, no, Gina's running wild, y'see," Jack Nelson drawled on, his arrogance mirroring his nieces much to Sarah's annoyance, "Harrods, dope, amphetamines, lords and ladies, you know, the whole English aristocracy thing."

"Well, she does have a thing for aristocrats." Sarah hummed tapping off some of the ash from her cigarette.

Jack laughed it off completely oblivious to what Sarah was referring to, he only annoyed Sarah more when he slammed his hand down on the table and snapped at one of the waiters, "Fuck wine, whiskey. Shelby, you having whiskey?" He asked Tommy, not bothering to ask Sarah.

"I'll stay on wine," Tommy replied just as irritated at his behaviour as Sarah was.

"Fuck wine, more whiskey. I'm celebrating. Celebration, you know. Getting off this fucking island. You see, the thing with England, the currency here, it's not money. Nah. You got bored of money a long time ago. Cos you know anyone can have money, you can fucking..."Jack paused and stared at the waiter who was holding out the whiskey glass to him, only to put it down quickly when Jack tapped the table harshly to tell the waiter to put it down there before continuing his conversation, "...you can fucking find money in the mud. You can forge money. Mr Shelby, you can steal money, am I right? The currency here, its blood. And Mr Shelby knows that better than all of them. Blood here is like wine, like the vintage wine in that bottle. It's the label, it's the terroir, it's the grape that makes the wine. Who fucking cares about the glass around it? And you, my friend, you're an American. You fucking smash the glass..." Jack smacked the table again with his hand as he spoke.

Sarah glanced over to Tommy mentally saying I swear to god if he smacks this table one more time I'm going to kill him

To which Tommy replied with the twitching of his jaw to say he's leaving soon don't worry

"......you spill the blood and you spend their currency to get what you want. Am I right?
When you come to America, I will show you things, you coming as well Mrs Shelby?"

Sarah looked at him, "To Canada? No, not this time. Collecting payment for a shipment is a Tommy thing."

Jack Nelson looked between the couple and smirked, "And what's your thing, Mrs Shelby?"

"Oh, I do many things, Mr Nelson," Sarah smirked back not engaging in a conversation with him.

Jack Nelson thought for a moment, "Well no need to worry, Michael will be there to watch his back. Five million dollars Mrs Shelby, worth a bit of money for you don't you think?" He smiled speaking to her as if she was dense and not understanding the importance of this deal.

Tommy's jaw was clenched from how he was speaking to Sarah, "You know whiskey does talk, Mr Nelson, and sometimes whiskey is...very eloquent. But five million dollars, Mr Nelson...Now, that is a legacy. And when I come back, I will know everything."

"I see myself so clearly in you, Thomas Shelby. You are a man with a bright and glittering future."

Jack's words made Sarah's stomach turn. Tommy wouldn't have a future and they both knew it, but despite what Tommy was happy for people to believe his legacy wouldn't be what money he had but rather what he'd done with it, and his memory survived in those he left behind along the way. That will be his legacy.

They were interrupted by a knock at the door, "Mr Shelby, there's a car coming up the drive. A Rolls-Royce. Were you expecting more guests?"

"No." Tommy replied putting out his cigarette and taking a sip of his wine before standing up, "Excuse me."