Part Forty

After having enough of water with her whiskey, Sarah decided to go and find her brothers outside and drink it neat, they were easy to find given the sound of gunshots coming from the grounds. Sarah smirked as she crept up on them.

"What's going on?!" Sarah said in Polly's voice, startling the men.

"Jesus! Don't fuckin do that when the child is holding the gun!" Arthur yelled, nearly dropping his glass, which made Sarah laugh as she came and stood next to John, who was watching Michael.

"All right, now cock it with your thumb. There you go. Now she's been cocked. She's alive in your hand-"

John started howling loudly in her ear as Sarah pushed him and snatched the bottle of whiskey out of his hand, ignoring the burn as she took a large sip and listened to Arthur continue

"-It's like waking up a girl when you cock that trigger. She rolls over all sleepy-eyed, and she goes, '-Michael. Michael."

Sarah shook her head in amusement as she watched John and Arthur hysterically laughing. Someone needed to cut them off soon

"What are you gonna make me do, Michael?" John joined in.

"You boys are fucking crazy men," Michael shouted with a smile.

Sarah smirked and came to stand next to Michael as she whispered in his ear. "Yeah, but you feel it, though, right?" She teased.

"Yeah." He nodded as he held the Gun tight, his finger hovering over the trigger as Arthur egged him on

"You feel it. Yeah, you can feel the power. Now, squeeze it."

Sarah went back to John's side and leant back on the fence, she didn't even flinch when the gun went off.

"Powerful. Fucking useless." John snorted when Michael missed.

"Piss off, John." He hissed

"Michael, why does a pen pusher who sits on his arse all day wanna fire a gun Hmm? Eh? Cock it again." Arthur stumbled as he topped up his and Sarah's drinks.

"Cock it again. Round two." John slurred.

Sarah narrowed her eyes as she saw a dark look in Michael's eyes whilst he cocked the gun.

"Mmm. Look at that fucking face, John boy. Look at that face." Arthur teased as John imitated Michael's expression, however Sarah stayed quiet as she became wary of Michael's expression, finding it daunting instead of comical.

Arthur circled his cousin trying to wind him up, "Now he feels it. But you won't feel nothing until you point that thing on a man. So do it."

"Arthur-" Sarah went to stop him from winding Michael up further but went quiet as Michael aimed the gun at John, locking his eyes on his cousin.

"There you go, young boss. There you go. Now you feel it. Now you feel what we feel. This is what it's like."

"Michael, that's a Webley. Jumps on the hammer." John spoke calmly, much calmer than Sarah would have if the gun was pressed against her forehead. She shot Arthur a look as he continued, clearly he wasn't quite understanding the severity of the situation, but he was too drunk to pick up on her look.

"How does it feel, Michael, huh? Better than having a pen in your hand, isn't it-"

Sarah shifted slightly so that she was almost between John and Michael, who glanced at her and slowly started to lower his gun. John scowled at him and, much like Sarah previously had, he'd finally noticed the darkness on Michael's face.

"-More like having your cock in your hand. Yeah." Arthur continued before Michael placed the gun under his chin, however it didn't seem to deter him.

"Yeah, it is." Michael snarled