Part Twelve - 1912

1912

The day of Martha and Johns's wedding had arrived and most importantly the after-party was in full flow. Tommy wrapped his arms around Sarah's waist, "Dance with me?" He whispered into her ear, she bit her lip and turned to him, stretching out her hand, and he gently took her it and pulled her towards him. Sarah could feel the heat radiating from his body, and she loved every minute of it, loved how he gently stroked her arm before taking her hand and holding it close to his chest, loved how everyone else seemed to disappear, but mostly she loved how his ocean blue eyes shone with happiness

"I love you, Sarah Crawford, I'm in love with you."

Sarah's eyes lit up as she beamed at him "I love you, Thomas Shelby, even though I know you hate it when I call you Thomas." She whispered into his ear.

"It's a wedding, so I'll make an exception." She laughed as she kissed him, letting go of his hand and wrapping it around the back of his neck before he started spinning her around.

"Mind if I step in?" John asked, only slightly ruining the moment, but it was his wedding, so Tommy let it slide. He went and sat down, whiskey in hand but was interrupted from his thoughts when Mrs Robinson sat herself down next to Tommy, very out of breath.

"Mrs Robinson, how are you?" Tommy asked sincerely.

"Oh, I'm fine, thank you, Thomas." She replied with a wide smile as they watched Sarah laughing and dancing with John, "you watch her like she's some type of angel." Mrs Robinson commented, still smiling. Tommy let out a small chuckle, "That's because she is."

Mrs Robinson couldn't help but scoff at him, not to be disrespectful but out of amusement at his naivety.

"Mr Shelby. If she's with you, then there's no way she's an angel."

Tommy frowned at her considering what she was saying to him

"Always will be to me." He muttered.

"We both know that's not true. You don't need a nice girl. You need someone who's ballsy, will put you in your place, give you her utmost kindness and laugh like no one else is in the room."

They both knew that she was describing Sarah perfectly, making Tommy smile. "She's right, you know!"

Both Mrs Robinson and Tommy jumped at the sound of Cain's voice as he joined in their conversation, "My sister is not an angel. The sooner you realise that, the better. For all of us." He said as he offered Mrs Robinson his hand to give her a spin on the dance floor, which the old lady happily accepted, glad that someone had asked her to dance. Tommy ran his hand through his hair nervously as he watched Sarah, he knew he was facing off against an enemy tomorrow, a business deal gone wrong. Tommy hadn't told Sarah yet, they'd been going so strong recently that he didn't want to drag her into his mess, but he didn't have much time to think about it as she came over and sat on his lap.

"Do you wanna go home?" She bit her lip as she looked at him. He wrapped his arms around her, "How much have you had to drink?" He smirked at her.

"The right amount." She pressed her lips against his and stroked his cheek. He kept his smirk plastered on his face as he rubbed her back to get her to stand up, "Then how can I say no?" she pulled him up with her, and they walked home hand in hand.

       ********************

The next morning Sarah rolled over to find Tommy's side of the bed empty, she yawned and got ready for the day before making her way

downstairs and saw Tommy and Cain deep in conversation, they both went quiet when she walked in.

"What? What is it?" She asked with a frown. Cain whispered something to Tommy before nodding at his sister and walking out of the house. Sarah folded her arms and walked over to her boyfriend, waiting for him to give her an explanation.