Kabanata 22

"WELL, GOOD FOR YOU, YOU LOOK HAPPY AND HEALTHY, NOT ME, IF YOU EVER CARED TO ASK!"

I'm singing on the top of my lungs right now. Damn, this song really suits me.

"GOOD FOR YOU, YOU'RE DOIN' GREAT OUT THERE WITHOUT ME BABY, GOD, I WISH THAT I COULD DO THAT!"

"Gosh! Shine stop that! Nakakahiya ka na! Maupo ka nga!"

I looked at Patrice who is just drinking silently. I just smiled at her. "Dito na muna 'tong cellphone ko. I want to have fun." I winked at Patrice but she just gave me a disgusting look.

Well, good for you, I guess you're gettin' everything you want
You bought a new car and your career's really takin' off
It's like we never even happened
Baby, what the fuck is up with that? (Huh)

I started to smile bitterly as I listen carefully on the lyrics. Damn, I want to forget him so badly. I just want to move on!

And good for you, it's like you never even met me
Remember when you swore to God
I was the only person who ever got you?
Well, screw that and screw you
You will never have to hurt the way you know that I do

The chorus started to hype the people on the dance floor which made me dance to. I swayed my hips and dance like there is no people watching me. I don't even care kung sino yung humahawak sa baywang ko ngayon. I kinda want some company.

Shit, the alcohol starts to hit me.

"You're beautiful." Napalingon ako sa lalaking nagsalita sa aking likod. Siya 'yung kanina pa na sumasayaw sa likuran ko. He's touchy but hinayaan ko na lamang siya.

I smiled as soon as I saw his face. I bet may half 'to. He's cute but not my type though.

"Hmm? And you're handsome as well." I giggled a bit. He bit his lower lip and flashed his smile at me.

"I'm Frank and you are?"

"Denice." I winked. "You're from?"

"Nice name. I'm from U.K, I'm just visiting here in Iloilo." he answered. Alam ko na agad na around Europe ito nanggaling. Damn, his accent is so beautiful.

"I like your accent..." I smiled. Actually, medyo hindi ko na kontrolado ang mga salitang lumalabas sa aking bibig. Napatingin ako sa table namin kanina ni Patrice and I saw him talking to someone--- No way!

Nanlaki ang mata ko nang magtama ang mata namin ng lalakeng kausap ni Patrice. Why the hell is he here!? Who told him to come over!?

"Who are you looking at, baby girl?" he smirked at napatingin din ito sa kanyang likuran. He faced me again and this time he placed his hands firmly on my waist, preventing me from running away from him.