Broken

(Yeah no idea what I wrote here. I am posting it cause I can but I wrote it while angry as fuck at my S/O so this isn't going to be warm and sweet or really anything real happy)

"Keigo I care! I want your attention! Is that too much to ask!" My throat hurts from screaming and crying

"I can't. I have a job! I told you that hero work comes first and you said you were fine with that!"

"I don't ask for much. Just to know you think of me. Bring me a snack. Send me a message. Show me you care. I feel like all I do is live in proximity to you!"

"Well I can't fix this. I don't know what you want me to do!" Hawks huffed gripping his shirt, "We should just... break up"

My world shattered. My heart dropped to my feet in an instant.

"W-what?" My voice betrayed me quivering

"Just fucking get out. I can't stand you anymore. I thought you could understand but you've shown you can't so just leave. I've wasted 2 years of my life with you for nothing" he spoke sharply

My tears dried in an instant. No. Im mad. Wasted 2 years!? Was it all a waste? All that time and effort. I have been carrying this relationship on my back. I organized dates, I supported him, I have him gifts and affection and all he's done is come home and maybe fuck if he's up to it.

"Go fuck yourself Keigo. So much for all the I love yous. Guess you didn't need that anyway" I seethe before heading out the door grabbing my wallet and keys.

I got in my car and drove. And drove. And drove. I finally decided to just go to Rumis and see if I could crash there.

Fortunately she let me in with open arms.

"Come on baby carrot. I need you to eat" she urged the plate of food infront of me.

"I'll eat later"

"That's what you said yesterday and you never did" she frowned

"Im not hungry" I sigh

"I don't care if i have to force it, you need to eat"

"He practically said he hated me..."

"Honey no. That birdbrain is...well a birdbrain. I'm sure he didn't mean it"

"2 years. I have loved and supported him. Put my life on hold to help him where I can...but its all gone. In an instant"

"How about a walk? Go clear your head. We can go to the park nearby"

"I want to be alone"

"Then go alone. Just a 20 minute walk then we'll talk ok?"

I nod lightly. Just need to walk and clear my head. Problem is my head feels empty. My body feels numb yet thoughts go racing by faster than I can understand.

Walking felt like a complex task yet I barely thought as I shambled down the sidewalk. It took a block for me to realise it was sunset.

I miss him. I shouldn't. He didn't treat me well. I loved him so much but... I feel like he just said he loved me back without meaning it. I stumble suddenly hitting someone.

"Sorry" I try to walk around the person.

They grabbed me by the arms with a chuckle, "Looks like my lucky day. You're that birdbrains companion"

That hurt... everyone is going to think we are still together. I tried to correct but my voice wouldn't cooperate without me wanting to tear up and break down into a heap. I try to keep face and look up but meet a sinister smile.