Sacrifice

A deals a deal they say. It's been a year since I signed that contract and my time is up.

"Will it hurt?" I mumble

"I...don't know" Minka shrugged, "No going back though"

"I know. He did what I asked and now I pay the price" I sigh

"Any regrets?"

"Too many...but none that matter enough to me"

Minka nodded lighting the last candle around the alter space, "You know...you're the best client I've ever had"

"I made a deal with a demon" I scoff, "It wasn't even for my benefit. It was in a fit of revenge"

"But you are together. Most my clients are addicts of something. Craving their vices like starving wolves"

"Im starving too" I sigh laying back on the alter, "But this should end it. A soulless death will end it all"

"So this is suicide?"

"I knew the path to revenge was that from the beginning"

"I respect that" Minka sat outside the circle, "Ready?"

"As I'll ever be"

I close my eyes. Maybe it'll hurt...but afterward I will just not exist...right?

"Are you proud of your decision?" A voice suddenly spoke.

I open my eyes to see I'm in the circle still but anything beyond the candles was black abyss. What more was the candles flames were a brilliant blue.

"You aren't greedy either. Usually people ask for riches. Maybe death to socially climb but you, you killed for well-deserved revenge"

I look to find the source of the voice only to see the demon before me...the demon of revenge and cremation: Dabi. His marred skin stapled together was a clear giveaway with those cerulean eyes. He wore a long wrap around his waist that had soot-covered edges, it was tattered but still gave a respectable vibe, almost like a God if it weren't for the horns.

"I respect that too you know?"

"Is this going to hurt?"

"What?" He raised a brow

"Taking my soul? Doing whatever with it"

He rolled his eyes, "Yeah yeah" his eyes met mine, "I have a few questions"

"Ok?" I sit up

"You interest me" Dabi leaned on the alter next to me

"Great. Why?" I scoff

"You're not my first client sweetheart. Though you are different. No loopholes. I didn't even have to hunt your ass down. Didn't even threaten you. Why?"

"Whats the point? You answered your own question. You'd just hunt me down"

"Every other client I've EVER had has tried to find a way out of contact"

"I researched you thoroughly before I made my contract" I shrug, "Dabi makes deals that are hard to get out of, Dabi loves the hunt, Dabi will curse you with fire, Dabi Dabi Dabi. You're a demon. You've made deals for years. You know what you're doing"

He scoffed, "Am I so predictable?"

"It's a Demon contact" I deadpan, "You do what I need, you collect my soul"

"Collect. Do you know what happens when we collect souls?"

"Fires of hell? Lack of existence as a whole? Whatever it is doesn't sound like much of a problem. Decision has been made" I swing my legs over the alter to casually sit next to him.