MerMay

No no no. No no no no. The next wave rolled me down into the coral. I need to get to deeper water!

Back to my cave, back to- I WANNA GO HOME! See Fuimi, see Nastuo, EVEN Shoto. Mom...save me.

My head cracked against the rock the spitting pain being the last feeling before I watched the red invade my vision going to black.

I wake up with a start. That damned memory again. Memory of my weakness. I sneer at my legs but get up anyway. Ship won't run itself.

Pirate Captain Dabi. I run these damn seas. To my crew it's for loot. I have my own quest log though.

I stare at the map of the water. They weren't near the isles. I know the pod moves but...damn it all. I WILL find my father. He will be my claim to fame on land and be my ultimate revenge.

He kicked me from HIS pod, so I'll kick him from MY sea.

My second quest...these legs. I've ran over the memory so much I even dream of it. Waking up on Land with 2 legs of my own. If I soak in the tub the spell will break after 20 minutes but once dry they return.

A knock on the door startles me from my drowsy state. And there she is, (Y/N), my right hand. She was the first half brain human I met on shore. Taught me the ways and helped me get to where I am.

"The fuck you want!" I yell slipping my boot on

"Get your lazy arse out of bed!"

"Get off my fucking back" I throw my second boot at the door

"Go fuck youself!" She shouted stomping off

Girl after my own heart. I smirk hobbling to my boot before snatching it. I was about to move as the door opened knocking me in the head, "God damnit!"

"Well don't stand by the door" she hissed peering around the door

I stepped around ripping the door open, "Lets go. Get what we need fucking done"

Readers POV

There he goes...my prince.

My prince of the sea. If only I could tell him all the sacrifices I've made...and the shortcomings that are my fault.

It makes me spend my nights sleepless. My days sabatoging plan after plan of his. I just remind myself it's to protect him. Since I failed all those years ago.

It was before I was even born my family pledged their allegiance. When I was born I was dubbed the official guard to the 1st born of the Mer-kingdom.

Though there were rules. So many rules. Never be seen. Never be known. Never directly approach. Never so much as talk to them!

When I was young I agreed. Stupidly. I agreed and did my job. Watched over him day in day out. Saw his beautiful white hair. The sapphire of his eyes matched his tail. He would spend hours searching the sea floor collecting gems and stones to decorate his room.

I grew to love it all. His cocky smile and the way he crossed his arms when he was arguing with that little pout.

But I had an oath. Then false hope.

Another kingdoms visit, and another guards same problem. Their rules were different though. They could talk. But never marry.

But they had a plan. Went to a wizard named Tamaki. A practitioner of the transformation magic under the sea dragon. They ran away that night. Took the pills that would give them legs once dry. Shota got to finally be with Yamada.

I was exited. An option. A plan. I could...could talk to Touya. I could run away with him. My prince.

One day. Just for one day I took my eyes off him to go to Tamaki. The day he went to the originally thought inactive volcano. I returned to the panic of the prince in the infirmary.