Caught in 4K

(Warning, this is just kinda wack)

I huff cleaning the bar from last night's festivities. Villains are fun but spinner gets messy and everyone getting drunk while I try to keep Toga AWAY from the alcohol. No fun.

I huff finding ANOTHER cellphone. I click the button to see the lockscreen. They seriously have no pic? I don't know the pin...I use my quirk unlocking it just needing to see who's this is.

It opens to an open tab. I raise a brow when it suddenly clicks... this is a fanfic? Togas phone i already returned to her.

I take a seat on the beat up sofa looking at the chapter curiously. It's a soulmate fanfic!? That's cute. Male reader. That helps.

I try to imagine who would have this. Shigaraki? Nah he plays dating sims and isn't a reader. Spinner? Compress? I don't think so.

I frown but leave the tab going to the home screen. They don't have a picture here too. Do I dare go to the camera gallery? Yeah no. That's too invasive.

I open the tab back up deciding to see exactly what they are reading. It may help. Soulmate AU. ReaderxOC. Boring. Its so fluffy. A slow burn romance. There isn't even a taste of smut till chapter 27!

I notice a comment on a chapter part where '(y/n)' said they liked their looks. The comment stated the exact opposite stating they are a literal garbage fire.

The users name was also called flaming garbage so it seemed fitting. The profile pic caught my eye. It is a blue flame...Holy shit don't tell me.

I cover my mouth to keep the shit eating grin at bay. This can't be Dabi's. It's he really such a romantic? I go to his library seeing quite a few romance many being soulmate AUs. A few steamy smut books too.

The phone is suddenly ripped away from me, "oi, that's mine" dabi growled. He looked down at the screen and I see his eyes sharpen, "You unlocked it?"

"Sorry? So abo-"

He grabbed me by the cheeks covering my mouth, "tell no one" he seethed

I nodded and he shoved me away stomping out of the bar. I can't help the grin that spread across my face. I know somebody's secret.

It wasn't till days later when I thought I was the only one at base when I noticed Dabi on the couch scrolling on his phone. I bet he's reading fanfic again.

I plop down next to him leaning over his shoulder, "Whatcha reading?"

I startled him nearly making him drop his phone fumbling it a few times before glaring at me, "None of your business"

"So tell me, why soulmate AU?" I question

"None of your fucking business" he snapped hiding his screen.

"Not to read into things but... you know you can be loved unconditionally no matter what"

"Fuck off, I fucking hate people who read into things" he got up and left.

Now I have a new morbid curiosity. Who is Dabi. I've found myself strangely attracted to his wirey angry man. He looks like he got in a fight with a camp fire and lost, he smells terrible after every mission, and he has the personality of a small dog with big dog syndrome. Yet here I am looking at his eyes or how he covers up his little smiles scrolling on his phone.

That all leads to now when my curiosity scares me. As I sit in an alleyway pressed against a wall after nearly being spotted as Dabi walked around the playground across the street.

I finally peek around the corner to see him kick up a ball that had been left. It was...odd watching him. He bounced it in the air off his leg a few times and seemed pretty amused following or trying to keep it in the air.