Children Part 2

"Im gonna name him mochi!" She smiled holding up a mangey looking feline

"He is so ugly" I cringe at the animal

"No he's not" she stuck her tongue out at me

"Your dad allows pets?"

"Well...no... but when he sees Mochi he'll fall in love with him!"

That memory. I haven't thought of that in a long time. It was the start of a long kept secret. Her dad didn't let her keep mochi. A week later I found he got hit by a car. I still remember tossing the body in an old box and burying it.

I never told her. I told her some bullshit that a catcher found him. I didn't want to see her cry if I told the truth.

Some things never change i guess. She still picks up strays off the street...and I still lie burying my regrets. Touya. Out of all the names she could have picked she chose mine.

I guess I gain some form of comfort knowing I wasn't forgotten. My own family is so hush hush. She still thinks of me. I hope to still have a place in her heart.

Fuck. No no no. I can't do that to her. I roll over in bed to stare at the ceiling. I'd ruin her life. I'm a wanted criminal. I look like I got in a fight with a fireplace and lost. She didn't run though when she saw me.

Does she know I'm a criminal? Does she know that I've set light to many lives, destroyed families and laughed at the carnage I've brought.

She is so light compared to my dark. Always the goodie-toe-shoes in school. Straight As and shit. She was always polite and couldn't hurt a fly.

I've killed and let revenge light the way. Problem is I still want to see her again. I want to know what she's doing now, how her life is going.

I keep scrolling through her social media like a fucking stalker. Can you blame me though? I haven't seen her in years and now I can't get her off my mind.

Im fucking terrible. She has her own life to live. Yet here I am back in the alley with that damn cat.

"You are damn lucky she loves you" I glare at the feline as it leaves obvious white fur on my black pants.

I spent nearly an hour there until she rounded the corner to see me, "Oh Hi!" She jumped

"Here to feed the cat again?"

"Yup" she opened the food can as the cat excitedly ran up to her.

She focused on petting him until she seems to notice the same thing I did. He's got a pretty bad bite on him. Looks like a fight with a dog maybe.

"What happened Touya..." She mumbled

"He get in fights often?"

"Probably...but never this bad" she sighed

"I'll take him in" fucking what?

"Wait really?" She looked at me

"Id hate if something happened to him" What the fuck am I doing, "I have an apartment and no pets. You can even come by to visit him"

Are we seriously doing this? Yup we are doing this. She is smiling at me and now I can't say no if I fucking tried.

"You'd really do that?"

"Yes" I keep from rolling my eyes looking at the cat.

"Well...let me help. I'll help you get stuff for him and-"

"Dont worry much about it sweetheart. I got this. You got a pen and paper?"

She looked confused but dug some out of her bag handing it over. I scribble my address in there and hand it back, "Visit whenever you wanna see him"