Children

"Stop it!!" I scream at the other kids

"What are you going to do about it?" One taunted holding my necklace hostage by the broken chain

"Give it back! Its my grandmas!" I dive for it but another kid shoved me off balance as they laughed. I hate older kids!!

"Oi! Leave her alone!" A smaller boy yelled from the side

"What are you going to do short stack?" The older kid scoffed

"I'll tell my dad! Hes a hero and he'll kick all your butts!" The smaller boy stood tall as he could

"Heros are dumb!" One of the other older kids called out

"Yeah, bet your dad can't beat All Might" the original older kid scoffed

"Just you wait, when I grow up my dad says ill be the one to beat him!"

"Yeah right squirt" the older kids ganged up on him.

I tried to get involved but when I tried the boy just held up a hand for me to stay. I sat by upset at the scene. Eventually it seemed the older boys got bored toying with the small red head leaving him on the ground.

"No one can beat all might, you'll never be as great as him" One of the kids spat as he left.

I hurried over to the boy in a panic, "Are you ok?"

He slowly struggled to sit up getting to his scraped knees, "Mhm, are you ok?"

"Im fine, you didn't need to help in there. You got beat up cause of me"

"Its ok" he smiled holding out his hand. In it was my necklace, "It's what heros do"

That's what started our friendship. We'd meet at the park every Wednesday to play. Up until the day he got his quirk.

"Look! I got my dad's quirk! He's going to start training me with it!" He showed the orange and yellow flames as they danced in his palm while we layed in the grass together, "When are you getting yours?"

"I won't have one" I sit up

"What!?" His eyes grew wide, "Why is that?"

"My parents don't have them. I've known for a few years now I won't get one" He looked upset, "Whats wrong touya?"

"How will you fight off bad guys though?"

"I just can't be a hero" I shrug laying back in the grass

"Alright" he sat up and smiled widely, "Then I need to work extra hard, so then I can protect you from the bad guys"

From then on we only saw eachother for an hour each week as we both started school...but things started to change.

"Its not that bad" I comfort

"You don't get it! I can't be like my dad like this!" He tugged on his white roots

"I think it looks good, you don't need to be like your dad, cause you are going to be even better than all might" I cheer

"You... really think so?"

"Of course! You're the strongest boy I know!"

All I wished was that I could spend more time with my best friend. Though I quickly learned to be careful what I wished for.

"He stopped! All because my stupid brother!" He cried

"Well can't you train so-"

"He won't train me and he's going to get to be number one!"