⁴²| The Council {Part 2}

____________________________________

The Slytherin Prince

____________________________________

"Thoughts"

Letter

"~Parseltongue~"

":Deathtongue:"

~~~ August 29, 1990, 0815 hrs ~~~

~~~ Hadrian's POV ~~~

Everyone quietened down as Uncle Lucius stood.

"Esteemed members of the Wizengamomot, before we begin with our matters of discussion I believe that there are a few announcements to be made", he said in a tone that made it clear that this was not a matter of asking for permission, rather stating facts.

"I, Lucius Abraxas Malfoy, Lord of The Noble and Most Ancient House of Malfoy, declare that The House of Malfoy is now offering an alliance to The House of Black until the end of time unless a breach of contract has been made". He spoke in a clear and commanding tone

Knowing this was my cue, I stood from my seat, more like a throne but whatever. Then I stood and blocked out everything else and focused the entirety of my attention on Uncle Lucy.

"I, Hadrian Alexander Potter Black, Lord of The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black, declare that The House of Black accepts The House of Malfoy's request of the alliance until the end of time unless a breach of contract has been made", I spoke in a clear voice that matched Uncle Lucius' tone effortlessly.

Both the Black and Malfoy seats glowed gold for a few seconds before dimming and vanishing in a few moments. There was a smattering of applause and a cacophony of congratulation that lasted a few seconds. Dumbles, however, looked furious, not that others could see it of course. But for those who caught it, the annoying twinkle in his eyes vanished completely and was replaced by fury. At this, I turned to look at Nana, but she just nodded mutely without replying.

Once the noise level settled down, the old coot seemed to be readying to talk, and just when he started to open his mouth to speak, Nana Longbottom stood up and cleared her throat loudly. All eyes suddenly switched from Dumbles to her, he looked furious at being interrupted, again. She smirked slightly at that and started speaking, "I, Augusta Celeste Longbottom, Regent of The Noble and Most Ancient House of Longbottom, declare that The House of Longbottom is now offering an alliance to The House of Bones until the end of time unless a breach of contract has been made".

Aunt Amelia stood and said her part, "I, Amelia Anastasia Bones, Lady of The Noble and Ancient House of Bones, declare that The House of Bones accepts The House of Longbottom's request of the alliance until the end of time unless a breach of contract has been made". There was another smattering of applause from across all the factions and the Ministerial contingent as Amelia was their colleague.

Once the applause and congratulations settled one more, Dumble-fuck looked around very obviously if someone wanted to speak and seeing no one he started to speak. Once again, there was the obvious sound of someone clearing their throat, this time it was my own. Nana Augusta was full-out smirking now, and I also felt the glee of a certain Blonde Heir, who for all intents and purposes looked bored to be here.

"Esteemed members of the British Wizengamot Council, Chief Warlock, Minister and Staff, ", as I said it I bowed my head in their direction, though it was barely a dip of the head. "I wished to greet you all formally and introduce myself to the society once more after a decade of segregation from the Magical society".