Chapter 8, Part 1

Astrid's P. O. V:

I stand beside Morgana in the throne room that night, With me wearing my off the shoulder purple dress. I'm also wearing a headpiece similar to Morgana's white one, only with opal moonstones.

It was Arthur's coming of age crowned prince ceremony.

Standing before his kneeling son, Uther begins, "Do you solemnly swear to govern the people of this kingdom and its dominions, according to the statues, laws and customs laid down by your forebears?"

"I do, Sire," Arthur answers unwaveringly.

"Do you promise to exercise mercy and justice in your deeds and judgements?"

"I do, Sire."

Holding the small staff with a red jewel embedded at the end horizontally in front of Arthur, Uther asks, "And do you swear allegiance to Camelot now, and for as long as you shall live?"

Gripping the staff, the blonde male says, "I, Arthur Pendragon, do pledge life and limb to your service, and to the protection of the kingdom and its peoples." I flick my gaze to Merlin during this response, and notice he has a goofy smile on his face as he watches the young Pendragon.

Merlin wouldn't willingly admit to it, but I know he's proud of Arthur right now, just like I am.

I return my attention to Uther as he turns toward a servant holding a cushion with a gold crown encircled with silver gems, smaller than his own, on it. With pride filling his voice, Uther steps back to his son and declares, placing the crown gently atop his head, "Now, being of age and heir apparent, from henceforth, you shall be crowned Prince of Camelot!"

We all burst into applause as Uther takes a couple of steps back and Arthur rises to his feet. I think I was clapping the loudest for my friend.

I was just so proud of him! I can't believe Arthur is now Crowned Prince of Camelot!

Arthur turns around and smiles at the court.

After I watch Gwen say something to Merlin, Jas with them, I think to him mentally, smiling widely, "I know you're proud of the Crowned Prince. It must be a great honour."

"Oh, yeah! It'll be an even bigger honour to wash the socks of the Crowned Prince of Camelot! Just as I've told Gwen, those socks are very clean! Of course I'm proud!" I had to bite my bottom lip hard enough to keep from bursting into giggles at Merlin's sarcastic reply. "What about you? How does it feel to be the friend of the Crowned Prince?"

Our eyes meet across the room, as my excitement dies down, only a little. Merlin is now smiling at me. "Trust me, Merlin, even though it's an honour, I think his ego will be even bigger than before he was Crowned Prince!"

Gwen flicks her brown eyes from Merlin, who is struggling not to laugh, to me, her brows furrowed in puzzlement. I just smile back at the ravenette and she returns it, pride in her eyes.

The celebrations were immediately cut short when something explodes through a glass stained window and lands in the hall, broken bits of glass falling everywhere, causing all of us to jump and whirl toward the source, people crying out, as they duck or throw up their arms to shield themselves from the falling glass.

My eyes bug in my head as a huge black horse lets out a shrill whinny, and whirls around to face us as all the knights, whip out their swords. The horse also wears an amored face mask set in the same shape of its face.

Just how in the world did that horse get in here, anyway?! I highly doubt it has wings!

"What in the devil's name?!" Uther exclaims as the knights step forward to stand protectively in front of me and Morgana.