Chapter 36, Part 3

Astrid's P. O. V:

As we stop to rest sometime later, I was standing with Merlin and Gwen, chatting about what'd happened between us and the knights earlier.

I say, leaning against the Warlock's horse, "I can't believe they wouldn't listen even to me—a Queen!" Normally, I wouldn't abuse my title like this, but I only do it in these types of situations as it's the only way to get the men around me to listen to me.

"I'm surprised. It may take some convincing sometimes but the knights always end up listening to you whenever Arthur isn't present, Astrid," Gwen says as my husband nods his head in agreement.

Just then, I hear a commotion from behind me, causing the three of us to turn our heads.

Leon latches his hand around Gwaine's wrist as he snaps, "Why don't you watch what you're doing?!"

Gwaine retorts, "Why don't you watch your damn tongue?!" I'm guessing Leon wanted to take Lamia his water skin but Gwaine had snatched it from him instead. Said girl is leaning against a vine covered tree, hands playing with her hair, watching on with an innocent expression.

 Said girl is leaning against a vine covered tree, hands playing with her hair, watching on with an innocent expression

"You ought to learn some manners!" Leon hisses, shoving Gwaine.

"There's nothing I can learn from you, Leon," Gwaine retorts, shoving Leon back.

"We'll see about that!" Leon challenges as he chucks the water skin to the ground and shoves Gwaine again.

"Enough!!" I order harshly, turning towards them and causing the knights to pause as they look back at me. "What's gotten into you?! You're both acting like children!"

They nod at me and go to move past each other, only to bump into the other. Irritated, the knights whip out their weapons and clash them together, causing a ringing sound to echo through the area. My hand latches around Merlin's arm out of shock, not having expected this.

Leon and Gwaine continue to slash at one another viciously until Percival and Elyan drop whatever they're holding and go to restrain them

Leon and Gwaine continue to slash at one another viciously until Percival and Elyan drop whatever they're holding and go to restrain them. As they do, Gwaine's sword slices through Leon's left upper arm, cutting it, but eventually, Percival was able to get him away from Gwaine while Elyan pulls Gwaine back.