Chapter 44, Part 1

Astrid's P. O. V:

I stand in the Physician's Quarters with Lila in my arms as Gaius examines the horn. Merlin has just gotten back from a hunting trip with Arthur and I think he's caught a cold.

I'm currently wearing my purple off the shoulder dress with thistle earrings and gold locket. Lila is wearing a red dress.

"The Horn of Cathbadh," Gaius explains

"The Horn of Cathbadh," Gaius explains. "When Uther attacked the Isle of the Blessed, the Horn was smuggled to safety before the temple fell. It hasn't been heard of since."

"The old woman said it could be used to open the door to the Spirit World," Says Arthur.

"I've seen it with my own eyes. Long before the time of the Great Purge, I took part in such ceremonies. Each year, at Beltane, the High Priestesses would gather at the Great Stones of Nemeton, and summon the spirits of their ancestors." Gaius adds as he hands it to Arthur, "It holds powerful magic. You must keep it safe."

Just then, I sneezed, causing everyone to look at me.

"Bless you," Merlin says. I give a sheepish smile. He puts a hand to my forehead and states, "You do feel warm. You must've caught my cold."

"I'll be fine! Fine enough to go to the feast tonight," I say. I sneeze again, covering my nose.

"Well, I hope you get better soon," Arthur tells me before he leaves.

"Well, you'd better take it easy while I take care of everything else," Merlin says.

"You don't have to—"

"I want to. We don't want that cold getting worse." I smile in appreciation as Merlin leans in and kisses me.

"Thank you, honey," I say appreciatively.

Later that evening, I sit next to Gwaine in my blue dress I wore during the Feast of Beltaine with matching aquamarine jewellery and Lila sits on my other side, wearing a beautiful purple dress her hair in a bun, and Chad is sitting next to her wearing a blue tunic and fine pants.

Lila and I are also wearing our crowns.