Chapter 50, Part 1

Astrid's P. O. V:

The next few weeks have been a blur, what with all of Camelot on edge about Mordred's betrayal, and Morgana's declaration of war.

Today I've spent with Gwen and Lila as the knights were spending the day in the tavern, with Merlin, as a way to relax before war broke out.

I spend the rest of the day with Gwen, Jas, and the kids. I leave the castle early to get home before Merlin.

Once Lila was in bed, I get into my pink nightgown and wait up for my husband.

For some reason, I have a bad feeling as I wait for Merlin to return home, though I can't quite put my finger on it. The feeling only grew worse when I hear a loud clatter downstairs, startling me, but a moment later, the bed chambers door opens, and my husband tries to sneak in, only to freeze upon seeing me.

I send Merlin a smile which he returns, before throwing off his jacket and getting on the bed in milliseconds. That's the fastest I've ever seen him move. I giggle as he pushes me to the mattress, and kisses my lips a couple of times.

"Astrid, you're so beautiful," He murmurs.

"I know," I giggle.

"How was your game with the knights in the tavern? Did you win? Did you lose?" I ask as Merlin trails butterfly kisses along my jaw.

"I won. I won loads. And I humiliated Arthur in front of everyone because of it," Merlin murmurs back. I let out a moan as his lips find that spot where my shoulder meets my neck, his hands soothingly rubbing up and down my sides under my nightgown.

"Did you win honourably or with your magic?" I ask knowingly, feeling Merlin hesitate, his lips inches from my neck as he lets out a begrudging sigh. "Come on, Merlin. I didn't need to be there to know you used your magic."

Merlin meets my gaze and says, "Alright, I used my magic. But it was for a good cause."

"I don't think humiliating the King like that is a good cause," I say.

I suck in a sharp breath when Merlin sneaks his fingers along my slick folds, catching me off guard as he says cheekily, "Well, I think it was a very good cause, Astrid."

"By the way, what was that noise just before you came up here?" I ask.

"Oh, um... that was me. I just tripped over the bottom of the stairs on my way up here," Merlin replies, and I giggle. He's so clumsy, but adorable!

That's probably why everyone fell in love with my husband not long after he first arrived in Camelot.

My eyes basically roll to the back of my head as Merlin keeps rubbing me soothingly, going deeper this time and making me feel heat down there, and resumes kissing my lips deeply, passionately, causing fire to flood my veins as he runs his free hand gently over my stomach, leaving yet another trail of fire in his wake.

A small sound or two escapes my throat as this goes in for a few more minutes, and the whole world has faded around us. I feel Merlin run a phantom hand over my breasts just when there's a hiss.

We freeze, breaking the kiss to look at each other. Then we both whip around and try to find the source of the hissing.

My first thought was that it was a snake, because what other creature hisses like that?!

"Lila! Get the large broom—!" As soon as those words leave my mind, a giant black, slug like creature suddenly leaps out from under the bed and latches first onto Merlin's face.

Merlin tumbles from the bed in an attempt to get the thing off him. But it was stuck fast. Finally, Merlin was able to throw it off his face and it hits the floor. The creature lets out another hiss before it throws itself across the room and latches itself onto my face, making me tumble from the bed as well.