8

Days turned into weeks where I tried my best to avoid Lorenzo. He would try to approach me or ask around from Sabrina and the others, but they were all under strict instructions to not tell him anything. I tried my best and finally had caught up with all my studies.

The bell rang and I paced myself to my last lesson of the day- chemistry. I had been dreading that entire day, mainly pretending to be sick and being sent home early where I'd find Timothée lying on the couch asleep or playing games. One time, I caught him all dressed up with a Kid Cudi song playing in the background. don't tell him I ever told you that. the sheer look of horror on his face when I came home. He practically ran to the other room and returned in his normal clothing, promising me to never tell anybody what I just saw.

Anyway, I had to attend this lesson before my attendance would drop to the point, they would call my career- Saorise and that is the last thing I needed. I took a deep breath and entered the class, placing my bag on the floor and taking a seat next to Lorenzo. The lesson flew by as the teacher demonstrated by using exemplary questions. Then, he set us to do some pages in the lesson. I took my textbook out; Lorenzo did the same and we got to work individually solving the questions. A few minutes later, I was done with about ten minutes to spare until the end of the lesson. Soon, Lorenzo finished and we both sat together in silence awkwardly avoiding eye contact together.

I began to pack my stuff in time for as soon as the bell would ring, I would jump out of my seat and avoid Lorenzo. Out of the corner of my eye, I constantly saw Lorenzo making faces, clenching his jaw, hesitant but eventually he spoke, "It... must have... it was pretty awkward at the party. remember?" he said, trying to ease the awkward tension in the air. I just nodded my head and smiled, "yeah, it's fine though Lorenzo don't worry."

He looked both sides, at the front and back of the classroom then leaned in towards me, "Listen do not think that was a mistake. I intended to kiss you; I still do Ronan. I really do." he whispered.

I let out a deep breath which I did not know I was holding, which caused Lorenzo to close his eyes. He opened them and smiled at me. His eyes looked like the blue of every dancing sky; infinite hues illuminated by newborn light. I hadn't realised that blue could be such hot fire until I saw those eyes. I looked down at my lap to see him grab my hands and intertwine it with his as he pleaded. I shook my head and blinked several times as the burning in my eyes increased. "Lorenzo," I whispered, "Lorenzo, Lorenzo, Lorenzo." Suddenly he pushed back, his face marked with complete defeat. "it's not you" I defended him, "I'm just not that ready yet,'' I said in steps, hesitantly. How could I describe to Lorenzo how my heart ached for him, yet the fear was stronger? It overwhelmed me more. Like a hand covering my mouth, preventing my screams whilst the other hand tightened around my throat and chest, shortening my breath. I was scared. Afraid of a relationship, afraid of opening my heart again.

The bell rang and he left the room in a rush, ignoring my calls for him.

----

I came home to find Saoirse in the kitchen and no Timothée to be found. I walked inside and hugged Saorise as she went back to opening the cupboards.

"are you looking for something?'' I asked her as she continued to open and close several cupboards.

"yes and no. You see Timmy has just finished filming his new movies which will be releasing in a few months. He's quite nervous about the outcome but I already know it's going to go great. anyway, I just wanted to throw a party for him, to boost his confidence." she explained, "I thought I had decorations. I guess I was wrong." She came out with a notebook and began writing the list of items to buy in preparation for his party.

She grabbed her bag and placed her notebook inside it, "listen y/n I'll be gone for a few hours but if Timmy comes here just distract or take him elsewhere, so he does not see anything. That way it will give me more time to prepare."

I nodded my head as she left the room and, in a few seconds, I heard the door shut. I looked through the cupboards for something to eat, nothing. I checked the fridge, nothing. In the end I took a tub of ice cream from the freezer and left the kitchen to sit in the lounge. I turned on the tv and just put 'Friends' on Netflix.

A few episodes in, the door opened. I continued to watch Friends expecting it to be Saorise, but it was Timothée. He came and jumped over the sofa to sit next to me. Instantly he grabbed the remote and exited Netflix.

"Hey" I yelled at him, grabbing the remote from his hands as he took the bowl of popcorn that was on the table which I had made for myself but never ate it.

He just shrugged his shoulders and leaned back watching me as I returned to Netflix. Lucky for him, it wasn't working anymore.

I grunted in frustration and three the remote on the other sofa not within our reach. I knew Saorise told me to distract him so I had to ensure he would leave the flat.

"Hey Timothée" I said to him.

He mumbled in response as he emptied the bowl of popcorn in his mouth.

"Remember when you said you'd take time to the nice places in New York. Let's go. Now please" I said, he turned to look at me, sulking.

"I'm tired" he pouted and sat back against the sofa.
I mumbled under my breath and got up from the sofa to walk towards my room. I changed my clothes into something more suitable to ensure he would leave. I grabbed my keys and was about to leave when Timothée ran towards the door blocking it from me. He took one look up and down on me. Hopefully he must have noticed how tight the dress looked on my body, the fabric stuck on my hips and thighs, hinting a tiny glimpse of my thighs.

"You're not going out like that." He said, his voice changed. He clicked his fingers and ordered me to switch.

I moved forward and stroked my hand on his upper arm, moving it towards his shoulder to his neck. I touched his chin and moved it, so his face was facing me. "If only you come with me" I said, pouting as I folded my arms. This caused my dress to move upwards so now my thighs were fully exposed, as well as my breast as the fabric stuck to it as tight as a bow string.

He nodded his head and pushed me towards my room. He pushed me on the bed and began to go through my cupboard, choosing my outfit.

 He pushed me on the bed and began to go through my cupboard, choosing my outfit

He waited outside the door for me to change. As soon as I did, we exited the flat and walked out. I followed, completely unaware of where we were going. He ignored me constantly asking him and instead threw his hand up in the air, a yellow taxi came up and he gently pushed me into it.

" Tompkins square bagels, 2nd Avenue. Please" he stated to the driver. The driver nodded and followed his orders.

"Get ready for the best meal of your life" Timothée whispered in my ear and then turned to look out the window.

I felt a shiver rise my spine and butterflies in my stomach as if they were locked up in a cage. I gulped and ignored it, turning to look outside the other window as I gazed through just another day in New York.

Constant traffic.

Pollution.

Crowds.

And oh yeah, lunch with a mini celebrity.

I guess that's one of the perks of Saorise being my sister.

-

(1401 words)