11

Days turned into weeks. We met up, Lorenzo and me. We kissed, hung out at his place- his parents were never there. His dad was always at work abroad. At school however he was completely different. Lorenzo was distant. I thought at first, he disliked PDA but then when Carter (one of his friends) asked if he was seeing anyone because he didn't see much of Lorenzo anymore, he simply shook his head.

"no." he stated ignoring me yet turning his head slightly to look at me.

I slammed my book on the table and left, ignoring Sabrina calling my name. I walked into one of the bathrooms and shut the door. This was not the first time Lorenzo had claimed no label on our relationship. Whenever I would try to question what we were he would always change the subject or avoid the question. I only had a small fruit bowl with yoghurt. It had been quite a few weeks, I thought I was improving myself; but I guessed wrong. I replayed the conversation in my head.

Lorenzo did not want me.

None of these people at school did. They weren't my friends.

Friends. What a load of bullshit. F for fake and a shit tone of pain.

I stuck my finger down my throat hoping for the fruit to rise back up and instantly hurled it in the toilet. I wiped my mouth and rinsed it when I reached towards the sink. Rinsing all the vomit off. I reached towards my bag and drank some water.

Forget school, I was going straight home. Saorise was finally back as her film Lady Bird was fully wrapped. As frustrating as it was, it was great to have some sisterly time. I hadn't had that in ages especially now since none of my friends at Constance were real. Just when I was about to leave, someone pushed my inside and shut the door. It was Lorenzo. I didn't even want to say anything to him. I brushed past him, pushing him away so I could open the door, but he stood in front of it.

"look Lorenzo just let me go okay." I said, ignoring him and trying to push past him. He wrapped his arms around me, which I pushed to get out of his grip. He moved his hands to my face.

"Look y/n this thing we have going on right now. I really like it. It feels too good to be true right now. I don't want to ruin it. That's why I'm not telling anybody yet." He explained to me.

I looked at him and examined his facial expression. He looked serious. Perhaps he's right.

"I can't keep doing this Lorenzo." I whispered and moved my head out of his hands to rest on his chest in defeat. I had not felt like this for somebody in a long time. Last time it did not work out and that's why I was sent here. New York. To live with Saoirse.

"I'm loving this too, Ronan" he replied to me, stroking my hair. "but we can't make it public yet okay. Who knows how some people may act? Leighton?"

Simply, I nodded my head as he pulled my head up to kiss me, stroking my face.

We left the bathroom and went to class. After class ended, I went straight home ignoring Sabrina's calls. I was supposed to be taking a break from clubs and drinking. Honestly, I was looking forward to spending some time with Saorise. As frustrating as she was before back in Ireland, she seemed nicer now. Better than Mum and Dad to be honest.

Unfortunately, I came home to see Timothée sitting on the chair near the kitchen island eating some food. I came over and took a chip off his plate. He furrowed his eyebrows at me but then smiled. It warmed my heart. At the same time, I felt my stomach grumble a little perhaps I was hungry. I went over to the fridge and took some yoghurt out and began eating it.

"Where's Saoirse?" I asked Timothée.

"She had an interview today. She's going to be on tv soon though. We can watch her together." he replied.