44

Soarise pulled me towards the bar and I followed. I was not really in the mood to see him with lily. They started talking with lily. Soarisr rubbed my back. "Just say the word and we'll go"

I looked at her and my heart grew warm over the fact that she was willing to leave a party in honour od a film where she played the lead, just for me. I started at the drinks at the bar. Eventually, I shook my head, "i'll be fine Soairse" she looked up at me and i turned nd grabbed her hand in mine, "i'll be fine"

"Just say the word and we'll leave" she repeated, "you don't even have to say the word, just raise your eyebrows or something" I laughed. Then she did too, "or do the thing with your eyes"

I raised my eyebrow, "my eyes?" I questioned. She looked at me. Then we both burst out laughing. I rubbed her back, "i'll be fine"

She stood by me at the bar as she ordered another drink, two came to the table, and she pushed one in my firsction. "Just one in case you need it but only one" she instrctuec. I took a sip of the drink and smiled at her. She laughed. I pushed hhger away toward the dance floor, "go have fun, join florence and emma!"

She laughed and walked off to the dance floor and a part of me froze as I saw him walk towards me. I turned and grabbed my drink. "This seat taken?"

"Yes" i replied and took a sip. He still sat down beside ne.

"I didnot know you would be here by the way. I would not have bought her"

"You did not think i would be here?" i tured around and asked him, "at my sister's party that commemorates her film, where she plays the lead?"

When trust is broken. Sorry means nothing.

I don't even give him time to respond because i step away from the bar and towards the dance floor. I do not want to talk to him right now. He looks skinnier than he usually does. His hair is longer, he probably did this for the film but his face. It looks completely lifeless and hollow.

I join the dance floor and i see Soairse on Florence's back as they try to run around the dance floor and everybody else cheers them on. "Sorry" i mumble as i accidenltty bump into someone. She smiles at me, "its fine"

My face falls when i see who i bumped into and i think she knows too because she walks away. I brush it off and watch as Greta is dancing now and we're all circling her. The air feels so hot in that moment, I walk outside from the back just for some fresh air. A part of me still cannot believe he bought her here but then again it is his film too. I keep remberbering what he said to me at home, the only thing he said to me since i last saw him. Maybe it is just his managers. The pressure is getting to him now I can clearly see through his body and appearance. He is wearing even looser clothing, thinking nobody would realise bu they do. Or at least I do.

They say eye contact is way more intimate than words will ever be and since the confirmation of him and lily, all i see in his eyes. Gosh, i don't even know anymore. I want to hope something. That maybe one day, we could, we will start over again but he lied to me. He broke my trust. The one thing I asked him never to do. I opened myself up to him, told him things i had never told anyone. And he just?

I hear something drop on the ground and i turn. I clench my jaw and try my best to control myself.

"Sorry, I don't mean to intrude" lily says, "i really don't."

I ignore her and look up at the sky. I don't even realise she is standing right next to me, watching me. A part of me hates her. More than words can even say but truthfully i know. She is the better choice. She's so much wiser than me. She's made for this spotlight lifestyle that tmiothee is getting. She is so muhc prettier and put together than me. She has her life sorted out so much better than i do. Fuck she even has the same interests and career that he does. They were in the same film together. He's telling me it's fake but i don't believe it. Eventually, it will blossom and i'll be kept at an arms distance, eventaully pushed away just liike gatsby and the green light.

I can still feel her gaze at me so i turn around. She's still staring, "he still loves you y/n" she blurts out softly.

My breath, my face, fuck my entire body falters. "What?"

"He's probably told you this but it is true, what we hace is not real. It's fake"

"Like i'm supposed to believe you?"

"I know what i say does not mean anything to you but you have to know. This thing timothee and i have, it's just in front of the cameras. When they go, he does not evne laugh or talk with me."

I'm about to interuuprt but she continues.

"He still talks about you."

I look away from her.

"He's always loved you. He loves you. Always have and always will."

"Did he send you hgere to ne. What did he think he'll get from this?" i begin to raise my voice at her. "I am trying my fucking best to move on from him, or whatver it was we had but eveytime i try to he's back there. He's shirt is in my closet. His scent on the sofa. Hius faviurite drink in our fridge. Why can't he understand that he did not just break my heart, he broke much more than that!"

She is silent and i feel my lip trembl. Fuckk. The last thing i will do is cry in front of her. I sigh and rest my head in my hands, "i dont even know who i am nnow" i whisper.

"Fuck" she whispers.

I turn to look at her.

"He thought" she ppauses "he thought yuo've moved on. Now that you were at college, he barely ever saw you so he thought you had foiuhd someone new" she explains.

"How dod you know thuis"

She pauses. "He doesn't know i know this"

I raise my eyebrows mostly because i'm confused.

"He's been drinking lately and smoking more ever since" she pauses. "He's made some new friends, they're good people but just not good for him at this time." she looks at ne and i understand. "There's been nights where he's barely conscious and whenever our managers would tell us to meet him, all he would do is smoke and if he was not doing either of those things his clothes would still reek of those two things"

I don't know what to say. I fee- i am at a loss for words. Maybe thats why soairse was yhat day when he came oover and i saw him. Did she know?

I blink and turn around. She's gone. Orbably back inside. I sigh and look around. Maybe this is a sign? Either way i need to talk to him. I have too. I need too.

I turn around and walk inside, thinking about the different possooblites to approach him and what to say.

I entered the room and turned towards the bar but that is when i froze. The way he looked at her. That was the way he looked at me. He had his arm hanging around her waist as she leaned into him. He was still sat in the bar.

I turned towards soairse and saw her laughing with the rest. What else could i do?

Timothee pov

I sat in the same seat when she left. I had not moved since. I couldn't. The world became so quiet without you around. I felt so lifeless and hollow without you.

YOu may think that i'm happy but that all left when you left me.

Stay y/n. I asked and i will ask.

Stay.

I need you more than you think.

***

(1380 words)

Surprise! double update xoxo