17

The next day, I went to school attended the lessons for the day. As I left English for lunch, Lorenzo grabbed and arm to walk with me. "Wait y/n please." I ignored him and continued to walk. "Please, look" I turned around and saw him standing with a box of chocolates, he walked up to me and pulled me into a corner. "I got this for you please y/n. don't you get it. I do. I really do like you. I'm sorry. I so sorry for how I've been treating you. I pursed my lips in thought.

How could I test him? To prove how serious his feelings were for me.

I looked up at him and kissed him. He kissed me back for a few seconds then instantly pulled back looking around. Then I realised. "you're looking around to see if anybody just saw us" I exclaimed. I sighed and began to walk away from him. "y/n" he called after. "y/n!"

He continues to follow me as I hear him calling out my name. When I reach the steps, I see Timothée standing at the front of the school, wearing his classic black sunglasses with his hair parted in the middle. He looks so perfect. As if he just came out of a period piece film.

"Timothée really?" I hear Lorenzo mutter as he pauses in his steps behind me. Instead, I run towards Timothée and jump on him as he grabs me and twirls me around.

"Whoa, pipe down Ronan! You're awfully excited today."

"I'm waiting for my surprise" I say, ignoring Lorenzo standing on the steps watching everything we're doing. "let's just go"

Timothée nods his head and grabs my hand, leading the way.

'So-where are we going?' I said quickly.

'Somewhere.' Was all he said before he pulled my hand closer to his side as he reached for something in his pocket with the other.

I tiptoed over to the side to try and get a glance at the paper, but he moved it away from me, instantly folding it in his pocket. "Nice try" he remarked at me with a smug grin "but you're not going to win that easily"

'you're annoying me with all your mysteriousness,' I complained, pouting my lips. He laughed a few times but then eventually gave me the paper.

It was a flyer for a Medici exhibition at the Met Museum

'okay' I began to smile, 'maybe you're not annoying me' I said, and he looked over at me with a warm smile on his face.

it seemed like he had memorised the directions beforehand, confidently leading us to the exhibit as he rad the street signs. His hand was soft in mine, and I stopped questioning why he had held it as we walked- I had gotten used to it.

"Did you eat anything today?" he asked me.

I rolled my eyes, "what kind of question is that?" I asked him, "you're worried about me now. You care Timothée?"

"You know I do, I always will y/n." he softly said, looking at me. Whenever he did, the entire world and surroundings of ours quietened down and it just felt like we were the only two people here.

I saw Timothée take a deep breath and instantly change the subject, "so how's things going with Lorenzo? I just saw him at ummm... at school. Your school."

"it's going pretty good" I said quickly, smiling at him. He tightened his grip on my hands and I began rocking it slowly as we continued to walk in silence together.

'Are you even interested in the medici? Do you even know anything I asked, causing him to have my attention? 'Or are you just trying to impress me.' I said with a small smile.

'I don't need to impress you- I do that every day, don't I.' he said, and I rolled my eyes as I looked to my side, holding g in my smile. 'I do like history. Not as much as you do, seeing that you read about them all the time.'