12

Timothée POV:

I'm addicted to that moment right before I wake up, when the wispy cobwebs in my brain thread together to form a coherent ball of consciousness. it's the ultimate WTF moment. disorienting and foggy, with half my brain still lost in whatever dream I'm having.

but something is different about this morning. my body feels warmer than usual, and I become aware of the sweetest smell brining more comfort. Strawberries? No, cherries. definitely cherries. and something tickles the bottom of my chin, something soft and hard at the same time. a head? yup, there's a head nestled in the crook of my neck. and a slender arm draped across my stomach. a warm leg hooked on my thigh and a soft breast resting on my left pec.

my eyes open gradually, and I find y/n snuggled up against me. I'm on my back with both my arms wrapped around her, holding her tight to my body. no wonder my muscles are so stiff. did we sleep like this all night? I remember beginning on the opposite sides of the bed when I fell asleep, so far apart that I half expected to wake up and find y/n on the floor.

but now we're tangled in each other's arms. it's nice.

I'm growing more alert. alert enough to register that last thought. it's nice? what the fuck am I doing? this is Saoirse's sister. my best friend's sister. y/n Ronan. besides I made a promise to myself: no more girlfriends. I needed to focus on my career now. my future. for my mum at least, I promised her.

but I don't release her either. I'm fully awake now, breathing in her scent and basking in the heat of her body.

I glance at my phone as the screen lights up. just a couple messages from my parents, friends, and Saoirse. she said that she stayed over at one of her friends. she went out after the interview yesterday I'm guessing. I feel my stomach grumbling and my yearn for breakfast, mainly coffee. but truthfully, I'm not ready to let go of that feeling yet, so I just lie there with y/n in my arms and listen to her steady breathing.

"OH MY GOD!"

y/n's horrified voice slices through the serene silence. she shoots into a sitting position, then stumbles back down. yup, Ms graceful trips while lying down because her leg is still slung over my thighs.

"What?" I reply, rubbing my eyes.

she points at the floor and points at me. "It was cold, and it was ruining my back." I defend myself shrugging my shoulders.

"Fine. I'll accept that excuse, but now can you please explain why you decided to cuddle with me in the middle of the night?"

"I did not decide a damn thing. I was asleep. for all I know, you're the one who crawled on top of me."

"I would never. not even in my sleep. even my subconscious knows better than that. Besides..."

"Italian lover boy would come beat me up?"

she jabs her finger in the centre of my chest, then dives off the bed in a blur of motion.

the moment she's gone, I experience a sense of loss. I'm no longer warm and cosy, but cold and alone. as I sit up and stretch my arms over my head, her eyes fix on my bare chest and her nose wrinkles in distaste.

"I cannot believe my head was on that thing all night." she says shrivelling her face in disgust.

"My chest is not a thing." I give her a pointed look. "Some women seem to like it just fine"

"I'm not other women."

no, she isn't. because other women don't entertain me as much as she does. I suddenly wonder how I ever made it through life without y/n Ronan's sarcastic barbs and annoyed grumbles.