45

Feb 2020 Oscars (let's pretend covid never happened xoxo)

That video of timothee disrupting Margot Robbie's shot during the Oscars carpet was blowing up all over social media. Who could blame them? He looked perfect in that suit, Prada did suit him. A lot.

I had not really seen him since the little women afterparty. I guess since he was pretty much at his peak level in this moment, it did not matter. I no longer mattered. At least to him. Saoirse still talks to him, he would come and visit her, just hwen i was not there. At the same time i had more classes and reading to do so i jumped into that and busied mysld in those. Truth is though sadly, dear readers, that you can't forget someone when you're still hoping for them to come back. To me. How i wished i would just approach him and ask him but the voice in the back of my head screamed otherwise. I tried to erase it and mover on but I saw the way he looked at her. Lily claimed that he would not even look at or let alone talk to her properly but at that party he had his arm draped across her body. He looked at her and she looked back in the same manner.

Saorise told me the great news too. As a result of his heightened fame, he got the role for the upcoming book to movie adaptation of dune. He's starring alongside Zendeya. A part of me wanted to call him and give him my congrats about it. I know he would be so excited for it as well. Especially working alongside Zendeya. I wonder what lily thought of that.

I was on the sofa mostly just scrolling through the channels if i am being honest, there was not anything that great to watch. Netflix had grown quite poor now too. When soairse walked in and took the remote from me, as she sat next to me. I thought to protest but i was not doing anything in that current moment so i let it be. She scrolled through youtube and played this video. When i saw what she had searched a part of me grew uncomfortable. It was an interview of the little women cast, mostly soairse, florence and Timothee.

They were talking about their roles for this movie. Their thoughts on their characters and more, simple discussions to promote the movie. Not that it needed promoting. I mean, Emma Watson was in the movie.. And him. When i saw him on the screen, I did not know what to say. he looked good, greater than good. His hair was a mess but in a typical hollywood boyfriend material way. He looked the same, even dressed the same- in a causal shirt and trousers.

I felt a jolt inside of me and i returned back to reality, I looked around and soairse had gone too, I was about to turn the interview off but timothee began speaking. He was talking about love, in the film, in regards to his character, specifically how special that bond you share between that person, you love and how once that bond is lost how hard is it to get back. I felt my heart drop but then soairse's voice bought me back. She changed the topic in the interview and made timothee's response a joke about their roles always sharing unrequited love. First timtohee rejected her in ladybird so now she had the opportunity to reject him. I wanted to laugh, a part of me would have laughed but i remained caught up in that response timothee had given. Was it about me? Us? If that even still reamined? Was there a small, mere chance. I felt my heart ache, my stomach drop amd my breath tighten from my lungs caving in. that's love.

I wanted to doubt it, simply because of how he looked at her at the afterparty but the signs showed the opposite. Well... sign. Only one thing but it was the biggest sign he could give. When he was on screen, delivering interviews we had this thing he would do as an inside secret or joke between us two. A form of secret communication whilst he was on live tv for us. He would sit down normally and speak normally in their interview but his left hand's index and middle fingers would be crossed together.

I wanted to believe it was not true.

But he did the second signal too, he touched his left ear frequently when answering that question, he even looked at the camera too.

i knew what i had to do i guess. all the signs (singular but there are many more) pointed towards one option.

***

(811 words)

so short ik disappointing :(

i hope it isn't going so fast pls let me know!