9

I followed Timothée out of the cab and into a small fancy looking cafe. I read the sign as I brushed through the crowd, following Timothée- Tompkins Square Bagels. I read through the menu above as Timothée just walked straight up to the cashier and ordered his. Quickly, I tried to read through the different variety of bagels they offered.

When I decided on the type I wanted, I walked towards Timothée, only to see him take the receipt from the cashier and sit down on an empty table. I followed him. Just when I opened my mouth to ask him whether he had forgotten my order, he said "I ordered you one already. Don't worry. Bagel with cream cheese. classic." He clicked his tongue, "Can't go wrong with that." he said smiling at me. "I, however, got a bagel with bacon, egg and cheese. Even better." he remarked.

I could not help but giggle at him and his posture as he spoke out our order. His arms were tangled together resting under his head as he sat against the chair. His blue shirt remained prominent in between the crowd we sat, even against my nude pink blazer.

We sat together talking about anything really. I guess conversation came easy with Timothée. Eventually, our orders came, and I begged him for us to eat here mainly because I was too lazy to go back home. I sat back eating mine, it was simple but tasted incredible. He asked me about school and my new friends, classmates and classes mainly because I was invited to more and more partiers of which some, I went to which left Timothée to scramble for excuses for Saorise. Yet in a way I'm glad I had Timothée. my phone rang and Saoirse's name appeared, I picked up her call and told Timothée I needed to go the bathroom, he told me the directions and I went. I stood outside the bathroom and answered Saoirse's call.

"hey y/n, listen we're all done here on my side. in a few hours no more than 2 bring him home," she said.

"yeah sure," I replied and was about to end the call when Saoirse told me I could invite some of my friends. she seemed quite eager by the tone of her voice; I'm guessed Timothée must had told her I was doing quite well in my social life at school.

when the call ended, I sent a text on the group chat and left a tweet on my twitter, inviting everyone. I invited numerous people, secretly hoping that this new social status would be useful in some way. Sabrina and the girls practically worshipped me, the boys would not stop glaring at me every time I walked past, some even had the balls to ask me for my number or a date. I just laughed in their face or gave them a snarky remark. kind of like Blair Waldorf in a way, what can I say she is my inspiration.

I returned to the table and sat with Timothée. A few seconds later the waitress approached our table and gave us our bagels. I stared at it.

"go on,"

I looked up to see Timothée glaring at me smiling mischievously as he held his phone, pointing it at me.

"are you recording me," I asked him, raising my eyebrow.

he shrugged his shoulders, "it's your first time." he said, "I want it to be memorable." I looked at him, attempting to say no. But I can't help it, he's like a little kid again eagerly waiting for my first attempt at trying a bagel. Correction: an American classic.

Eventually, I caved in and took a bite of my bagel. Instantly, I was attacked by the crispy bagel and crunchy edges juxtaposed with the cottage cheese and herbs. As well as shutting my eyes by the flash of Timothée's phone.

"Timothée" i screamed with my mouth half full of the bagel as I tried to slap his phone away from him. luckily for him, his fast reflexes got the best of me. he moved back away from me as I jumped forward attempting to grab his phone.

"the memories" he repeated in a French accent, which I had to admit was pretty good.

eventually, we calmed down and I began to eat the rest of my bagel and Timothée finishing his. We finished and left the store; I checked the time we still had about an hour and half left. we walked down the street together in awkward silence as people rushed past us. I was still getting the hang of it, the rush, the crowd and the carless workaholics brushing past without a care. Eventually, Timothée grabbed me and made us cross the road towards an empty road where we continued to work. I had no idea where we were, but I guess Timothée knew where we were going.