Introductions are in Order

Brett Randalls, Morgana O'Faye, and EMERALD, set out to create a base of operations

Brett Randalls, Morgana O'Faye, and EMERALD, set out to create a base of operations. They found that, here, in this realm, Morgana could manipulate the space around them similar to Brett. And with his tutelage of their light manipulation abilities and Emerald's understanding of this realm's dynamic, they constructed a base of operations.

A large computer room, with several monitors all recording different kinds of data. From here, they saw the universe self-destructing. Stars were going out, planets were disappearing, and galaxies were swallowed by the ever expanding darkness. From here, they looked across the remaining realms, searching for heroes they knew could aid in saving the universe. Needing a place to put them for the time being, Morgana worked to construct an additional set of rooms while Brett headed out.

It was bittersweet, going into these other worlds and pulling out those chosen to survive while their realms were destroyed. Especially after losing someone to this fight already... It made focusing difficult, and it showed. He nearly screwed everything up when he went in search of Link, opening the door too early in the timeline. He knew it was most likely that moment that cost him crucial time, and in the end... he was only able to gather a handful of heroes from the living corners of reality.

Yoshi, Link, Pikachu, and Mario stepped out of their rooms and into the hallway, facing each other for the first time. At the end of the hall, Captain Nintendo stood, waiting.

Captain narrowed his eyes, staring at the end of the hallway, where there was meant to be a fifth door-- Ninten's door... It was just an empty wall... Did he not make it? he wondered. I'm sorry... I guess we'll have to fight for your return as well. It would have to be something he worried about later, right now he had a dinosaur, a mouse, a swordsman and a plumber waiting for answers. So he stepped aside and motioned to the main room.

"Thank you for joining me, heroes," Captain started. "Take a seat, and I'll do my best to explain."

Link was the first to move, passing Captain without so much as a glance, his eyes cast in shadows. He sat stiffly at one of the tables in the middle of the room, his back to the others. Pikachu followed, darting passed Captain and jumping on to the nearest table, looking around with avid interest. Next was Yoshi, large frame taking up most of the hall as he made his way to the main room, sniffing the floor and glancing at the ceiling, curiously eying the others.

Finally, Mario shoved his hands in his pockets and stopped beside Captain. "Something's wrong," he whispered. "It's written all over your face."

"There's another that should have joined us," Captain answered quietly. "A very powerful psychic... But... his door is gone."

Mario looked at the floor, understanding all too well what it was like to be trapped on the other side of a broken door. He left Captain behind and headed for a table. As Captain looked out at them, he noted how they all sat apart from each other, either looking around the room or keeping their heads down.