Last Resort

"You cannot save them

"You cannot save them."

Samus fired several rockets at Link. His shield could take it, but he couldn't fight back without hurting her. He couldn't do that again, but it was looking to be the only way.

"You cannot stop me."

DK had Yoshi's jaw pried open, like he were trying to rip the dinosaur in half. Yoshi roared, pushing DK away, but it was useless. Either he chomped down on DK, or let himself get torn apart.

"You will fail, just as his champions always fail."

Morgana was creating wall after wall, but in this area and against Fox's strength, they were too weak to hold for long. Either she started fighting back, or Fox was going to get a lucky shot.

"I am, and always will be, victorious."

Kirby unleashed a seemingly endless barrage of weapons from his internal void, shadowy form shifting into sharp ridges and demonic limbs. Even with Captain's power, it was everything he could do to keep defending himself, unable to reach the others.

"Give in, boy. It is useless to resist the inevitable."

Ninten felt the attacks from Luigi and Jigglypuff as they tried to break his concentration. But he held firm, letting his body take the hits while his mind fought back.

"I can make the pain stop."

Ninten felt his arms break, no longer capable of defending him.

"Just give up."

Ninten felt his legs break, no longer able to hold him.

"It will be the easiest thing."

Ninten felt himself hit the ground, his skin burning.

"All you need to do is lay down."

"PK FIRE!!"

"AAARRGH!!"

All at once the attacks stopped and everyone looked to Mother Brain. Her eye twitched, and at the base of her tank Ninten lay on the ground, unconscious

"How!?"

"I am the most powerful psychic in the universe! And you will not win!! PK FIRE!!"

Again Mother Brain suddenly shouted out in pain.

"Link!" Captain called. "Get Ninten away from there!"

Before Link could move, Luigi was already helping. The mind control had been broken and he was closest. He pulled the boy out of the line of fire, propping him against a wall away from the fight.

"You don't get to win," Ninten thought. "Not... today..." He used up all he had, but it gave the rest of them the opening they needed.

Not wasting a second, the heroes were back on top of Mother Brain. Pipes burst, tubes ruptured, and even the glass seemed to scratch. They were making progress, but it wouldn't last.