CHALLENGER APPROACHING

When at last Captain finally came to, he was laying face down on the floor of the main room

When at last Captain finally came to, he was laying face down on the floor of the main room. Propping himself up, he noticed the room had changed to something of a mix of both his previous fights. The room had gotten larger and all the tables and chairs were shoved to either side, similar to his fight with Falcon, and the remaining fighters were trapped behind impenetrable red energy shields, like his fight with Jigglypuff. He couldn't hear them, Link, Mario and Samus, as they shouted at him from the other side.

4

This time however, there was no light in the hallway in front of him. But he heard footsteps, a slow light tapping. In the darkness, as it drew closer he could make out the outline of a shadow, a small figure, a little boy.

3

"No," Captain breathed. "He... he made it through..."

2

Ninten, the young 12-year-old psychic boy from Podunk, stood on one end of the Light Base arena. There was no life in his eyes, only an empty blackness. His expression wasn't even that of contemptuousness or uncaring, there was simply no expression at all.

1

"Ninten," Captain got his feet, holding out his hands in warning. At first he tried to find the right words to say, but he lowered his hands and stood up straight when he realized it'd be no use anyway. He knew Ninten was being controlled by Mother Brain, same as Jigglypuff and Falcon. If he wanted to get through to the kid, he'd have to beat him in battle. So he got ready. "Alright, let's get this over with."

GO!

Captain flew into the air, blasting a powerful ray at Ninten.

Ninten held out his hand and a ripple of blue energy absorbed Captain's attack. He seemed to pull it into himself, fist glowing with Captain's power. Captain landed and reconsidered his options. If Ninten could pull that off, his ranged attacks would be useless. He wasn't too fond of--

*BLAM!*

Captain was hit with his own energy ray, crashing into the blinking monitors and falling back to the ground. Ninten started towards him, pulling a baseball bat out of his backpack.

"Physical it is." Captain pushed off the ground and flew towards Ninten, grabbing him and rolling through the air. Flipped over, Ninten was slammed into the ground, and as he tried to stand up Captain kicked him in the face.

The blank expression never left Ninten's face, even as he bobbed back upright. With Captain still close, Ninten grabbed him by the cape and pulled himself up. Captain shoved at Ninten's shoulders but Ninten slammed a palm into Captain's chest. What followed was a bright flash of light, and the whole world fading away.

PK Fire

Captain could feel his body burning, fires raging across the surface of his skin. The metal coating that protected him started melting, searing his flesh. His suit was ripped to shreds and muscle was torn from bone. Something wasn't right.