Successors: Kirby VS Pikachu

Light refracting infinitely, sudden and all at once, leaving behind it the smallest point of matter

Light refracting infinitely, sudden and all at once, leaving behind it the smallest point of matter. A speck, which began to split and divide into other points of matter that divided into more and more. Soon, the dirt settled into what appeared to be a large chunk of ground that had been pulled from some nonexistent earth, floating in the dead of space.

And on that chunk of ground, a seedling sprouted. It grew taller and taller, branches stretching upwards and outwards into a great and sturdy tree. Hollow eyes stared out from the bark, watching over the little floating island, and it saw that something was missing. Just then, the refracted light found it's way back, and a vivid rainbow shone over the island.

Grass waved in a slight breeze, the small pools of clear water sparkled under the light of the rainbow, and colorful flowers popped up in bunches. The tree smiled, feeling right at home

But then new lights appeared, carrying creatures he did not recognize. They must be invaders. They must be dealt with...

___

"Fox you're on watch duty," Samus barked. "DK go through each of the rooms down the hall and tell me what you find. Mario, you're with me."

Link stepped away from the wall, moving towards them. With zero hesitation, Samus had her suit materialized around her and fired a quick blast passed Link's head. "Sit," she snarled. "And stay out of the way."

Link hadn't flinched at the attack, but also wasn't about to follow orders. He didn't go near Samus, but instead he turned away and started down the hall.

"Whatever," Samus spat. "Go cry in your room." She led Mario into the analysis lab, pointing to each of the doors. "Pick one, get it open."

Mario shrugged, picking the door to the Race to the Finish course. The doors were all gone, no seams, just the border of dim blue light. If it was just a wall though, they could at least try to break through to the other side. Hopefully there was still something on the other side... Mario started punching.

Samus aimed her cannon at the door to Target Practice. Her suit was equipped with some of the most powerful weapons she'd come up against. If this didn't make a dent... She shut her eyes, charging the cannon and hoping this would at least get them somewhere. Cause if the Captain and Morgana really weren't here...

___

4

Round 2 was beginning, and the combatants were just as confused as last time. If the rules outside the match could be changed on a whim, were the rules of the match itself changed? Was it still three lives, no time limit, out-of-bounds the opponent? Would the game stop the fighters from dying? Suddenly everything was up in the air again.

3

And being cut off from the others after the situation had so quickly changed for the worse, it just made everything so confusing. With Jigglypuff's sudden appearance, and Captain and Morgana's disappearance, was Light Base being erased like everything else? Were they just the first to go, and Jigglypuff was just an outlier to the rule? Or, was Jigglypuff the rule, and there'll be others to? Will more fighters disappear if new fighters show up?