Redemptions: Samus VS Yoshi

As if Hell itself had opened up, in the dead of space a pit of fire and death began to form, sinking into oblivion as a burning light raged from deep within

As if Hell itself had opened up, in the dead of space a pit of fire and death began to form, sinking into oblivion as a burning light raged from deep within. Popping and fizzing, molten acid protruded outward, tearing the hole wider as the bubbling froth raged higher and higher. And from that a massive boulder of lava-rock formed in its heat, floating ominously over the terrible pit.

But this was not Hell, this was a place recognizable to only a select few. This was a place that was home to great and dangerous technological advancements, of which its creators have been long since dead. This was a place that had been destroyed, when reality was still whole. This was a place where a great evil was once created.

This was Brinstar, one of the many massive caverns of acid that wound through the planet Zebes.

Machinery extruded from the floating rock, small pylons of luminescence sizzling as they cracked through the stone and wicked metal scaring the surface of the battlefield. The arena sat crooked as the massive boulder slowly rotated over the pit of acid in slow circles, three semi-large metal platforms bolted into the rock were suspended above the central battlefield.

4

Yoshi was lost. He'd been told he was needed for some grand adventure, but there was no adventure, only fighting. When he was chosen to fight, he thought it was a trial, but he'd failed. He'd felt sidelined, like his being here was a mistake... But this was a second chance.

If his first fight was a trail, and he'd failed, he would not fail again.

3

Samus was beyond pissed. With no idea who to trust in this game, and the rules of the game changing every time she looked the wrong way, only to be pulled away from it all and thrown into a fight she'd thought she'd lost already... She knew she needed to finish this quick.

However, unlike Pikachu who had apparently dropped out, she couldn't afford to lose a second time.

2

Setting foot on the uneven ground as the lights brought them into the arena, Yoshi growled low, ready to try harder than ever.

Recognizing the chunk of her home planet as they were sat on the floating molten rock, Samus grit her teeth, unknowingly feeling something similar to how Link felt in their match.

For both Samus and Yoshi, here and now, for different reasons, this fight was personal. And they could see that in each other, the way they both prepared to give as much as they could take.

1

Then they both heard the popping and fizzing below them, echoing in the hollow of space. Beneath them, the acidic pit had continued expanding, and the platform they stood on... began to sink.

GO!

___

Mario rubbed his eyes with his palm, more in annoyance than anything else. As the arena was being built, Mario turned to Fox and DK. "Sorry, but I'm puttin' you back on watch duty."