Qualifier 4: Link VS Samus

In the ever-reaching darkness, a hole began to form like a melting gravity well, red hot and burning

In the ever-reaching darkness, a hole began to form like a melting gravity well, red hot and burning. A low rumbling came from deep within as slowly, faded blue spires rose out of the gravity well, followed by the old and cracked white bricks that made up the walls of this great castle. When the castle had risen, the mark above the towering wooden drawbridge glowed with a faint golden light; the mark of the Hylian Royal Family, the Triforce.

The clear blue sky of Hyrule shone brightly... But you could see no forests on the horizon, no distant smoke of Death Mountain, no waters of Lake Hylia. It was only a small fraction of a greater world, just like the rest of the battlefields that have come into existence. Facsimiles... mimics... nothing more.

4

It was time for the fourth battle to begin, and the lights brought down the next two combatants. They stood on either end of the castle roof, the towers high above them, and the void far below.

3

This may have been a fake world, recreated from some memory, but to Link it may as well have been the real thing. At least, it reminded him what he was here to fight for.

... As if he needed a reminder.

2

It wasn't her world, as she'd hoped it would be. To herself she'd wondered what her battlefield would be... but this just felt like a reminder that she hadn't called any place home in a long time.

... As if she needed a reminder.

1

The stage was set, the fighters ready. Link drew his sword and shield, and Samus raised her arm cannon.

GO!

Samus blasted a ball of energy, Link easily deflecting it with his mirror shield as he raced towards her. Using her grip lock ability she made a fist, and as soon as Link was close she fired again to force him to block, opening him to an uppercut.

Except, she missed.

Link spun, and sliced across Samus' back. Her armor could take the blow, but the recoil knocked her down on one knee. At this, Link slammed his shield into the back of her head and grabbed her by her shoulder armor. A swift kick pushed her to the edge of the castle roof.

Samus grunted in annoyance as she skid, digging her hand into the stone. She aimed and fired, this time a rocket. When Link attempted to shield himself, it exploded and pushed him down. By the time Link hit the ground, Samus was already on her feet and running at Link.

Link slashed out from the ground, but Samus grabbed the blade, then rammed her cannon into Link's stomach, lifted him up and fired. The force sent him flying across the surface of the roof, shredding his knees as he slid to a stop. Before he could even stand, Samus was already firing more energy shots and pushing himself to the side was all he could do to get out of the way. But as he rolled he got out his bow, aiming--