Prelude: Star Fox

Fox McCloud, the best Arwing pilot in the Lylat system, jumped into his ship

Fox McCloud, the best Arwing pilot in the Lylat system, jumped into his ship. Andross had finally resurfaced, and Fox was tasked with taking him on.

Andross was a self-proclaimed intergalactic deity, having driven himself insane from his bio-technology experiments. He'd been exiled a long time ago for his cruelty towards others and his utter lack of respect for life, but in his exile he only grew more and more dangerous. He amassed armies of those he mutated, and had finally returned to seek revenge on the Lylat system for throwing him away!

And so it was tasked to Fox McCloud and his crew of Falco Lombardi, Peppy Hare, and Slippy Toad to go after him! Having been stationed on Corneria, they were the closest unit to Andross' first wave of fighters.

"Clear this wave and we should be good to go!" Slippy croaked through the Arwing's intercom system. "Scanners show the other waves dispersing through the whole of the Lylat system."

"Then let's focus on Corneria first," Fox said. The Arwings took off from the small base and blasted into the sky.

Andross' forces weren't enemies to mess around with. Large mechanized tanks, and airships that dwarfed their small snub fighters, but the Arwings were equipped with state-of-the-art weaponry and shields to match.

That being said, it still took incredible talent to pilot one.

"I'm hit!" Peppy cried out.

"It's a small wave," Fox told him. "Falco and I got this locked, stay down." He flew through the explosion of a ship he fired at, dodging laser fire from the tanks below.

Peppy retreated, circling back to base. "Sorry Fox, I'm just getting too old for this."

"We got this old man," Falco chimed in. "Just stay safe down there."

"Falco, T-form," Fox ordered.

"Right!" Falco slammed on the reverse thrusters and spun backwards.

They both circled around back to the front of the army, then flew directly at the wave side by side. When they reached the edge of the army they each took a 90 degree turn in opposite directions, and started dropping lines of bombs beneath them. Caught unprepared by this maneuver, the mindless machines had no defense and exploded like warheads.

Now that the ground forces had been halted, it was time to deal with the air fighters.

"Scatter!" Fox shouted as the air forces began flying in random directions to throw them off.

Falco targeted every fighter on his scanner, keeping them locked on sight. But one was trailing behind him, and his shots were getting a little too close. "GAH! I can't shake this one Fox! Get him off my tail!"