CHALLENGER APPROACHING

The main room glitched, pixels blinking in and out of existence as it swapped between its normal appearance with the tables and chairs in their proper place, and the larger room with the tables and chairs shoved to either side

The main room glitched, pixels blinking in and out of existence as it swapped between its normal appearance with the tables and chairs in their proper place, and the larger room with the tables and chairs shoved to either side. At the front of the room were the monitors that warned of the intruder, red lights flickering. To the right was the door to the DA Lab, but it was closed, as well as blocked by a wall of red energy; this is also where Link and Mario found themselves stuck. To the left was the red steel Boarding Spike from Mother Brain's Halberd warship, but it was also blinking in and out of existence.

At the back of the main room-- the hall that led to the bedrooms-- was the challenger. Puffs of smoke kicked into the air with every step as he walked into the light. He looked different from how Captain knew him, faded jeans and a blue t-shirt, a dark green leather jacket, but he still had his trademark hat and mustache. It was him, no doubt about it.

"Luigi," Captain readied himself for his fourth fight. "So you're Mother Brain's final emissary?"

Just like with the others, he wasn't quite himself. Like Ninten, he didn't speak. But like Falcon he had an unusual amount of malicious confidence. Luigi cracked his knuckles, giving Captain a chilling death stare.

"So you won't talk either," Captain spat. "Typical."

4...

3...

2...

1...

...GO!

Jumping into action, green flames erupted from Luigi's fists as he launched into the air. Captain put up a shield and charged energy in his other hand. Luigi slammed both fists into the shield, forcing Captain to his knees, but Captain threw his arm out to blast him at close range. Luigi grabbed Captain's arm and dodged, the blast exploding against the half-existent boarding spike. As Luigi swung to kick Captain in the face, Captain grabbed Luigi's leg and threw him to the side.

Flipping upright in the air and landing on both feet, Luigi stayed low to the ground as green flames sparked beneath him. Captain barely had time to turn around before he had to jump as Luigi rocketed passed him head first.

But the green bomber was relentless, and as soon as he hit the ground he spun and threw a series of punches. Captain kept his energy shield up, but the force of Luigi's strength was still pushing him back. Waiting for the break in Luigi's attacks, Captain kicked out, only for Luigi to strafe left and continue his flame fueled boxing match.

Captain pounded his own fists into Luigi's, matching his speed and power. And then Luigi sped up, fires blasting in rhythm to strikes, propelling his punches faster and faster. Captain knew he could only keep up for so long, so he looked for a new window. Luigi's punches were in threes, but the break between cycles was only a fraction of a second. Still, counting it out in his head and knowing he had to act before Luigi sped up again, he took the risk of pulling back and breaking the attack.