Quarterfinals 2: Jigglypuff VS Mario

As Link and Kirby were taken away, Samus took to the center seat to continue the duty of recording data

As Link and Kirby were taken away, Samus took to the center seat to continue the duty of recording data. Getting the feel that she was done talking, Mario and Captain figured it best to leave her alone for now. Falcon however, didn't seem capable of reading the room.

He sat down right next to Samus. "This is exciting!" he laughed, punching Samus in the shoulder.

"Piss off," Samus spat, not even turning to look at him.

"Oh come on!" Falcon exclaimed. "I missed the whole first two rounds! I fin--"

"Then you're lucky," Samus shoved him out of his seat with one hand. "I said piss off."

Falcon crossed his legs and propped an elbow on the seat of the chair. "I did something wrong, yeah?" He poked her hip. "Come ooooon, Sam. Tell meeeeee."

"Port Town, Simon's bar," Samus didn't move her eyes from the screen. "What was the bounty you gave me?"

"Bounty?" Falcon asked. "What bounty?"

Samus narrowed her eyes. "My first job as a bounty hunter. What was it?"

Falcon pulled away, racking his memory for an answer.

"Falcon would remember," Samus hissed. "Falcon wouldn't call me 'Sam', he's smarter than that... In fact Falcon is a lot smarter than you." She looked at him for the first time. "Falcon... is dead."

Falcon shook his head, eventually laughing. "You must have me confused with somebody else!" He gave her a thumbs up. "I'm the one and--"

"Falcon wouldn't agree with me," Samus looked away, speaking through clenched teeth. "Even if he did, he'd never say it. Falcon knows how to take things seriously. Falcon was only an idiot in front of the cameras." She slammed her fist down on Falcon's chair, startling him. "You... are an idiot. You are not... Captain Douglas J. Falcon."

Falcon got off the floor, rubbing the back of his neck. "Well... I'm not sure why you think those things..." He started walking away. "Sorry I, uh... disappointed you..."

Samus ignored him, going back to watching the fight between Link and Kirby.

___

As Link and Kirby were taken away, Samus took to the center seat to continue the duty of recording data. Getting the feel that she was done talking, Mario and Captain figured it best to leave her alone for now. Mario also figured now was as good a time as any to talk to his future opponent.

He pulled Jigglypuff out of the room, walking her down the hall.

"Aiight... blink twice if y' can understand me," Mario held up two fingers, hoping that would help get the point across.

Jigglypuff stared blankly up at him.

"Okay... blink?"

Jigglypuff smiled.