The Plan // Storybrooke

*present*

Surprisingly, Emma was back in Storybrooke. Hook had found her in New York with her memories still gone, but he was able to bring them back with a potion. She and Hook were able to confirm that a year had passed and the fairytale characters had all gone back to the Enchanted Forest, but no one had any memory of it. 

"You left us?" Kyla asked Hook as they sat down to meet at Granny's bed and breakfast. David was comforting Snow who was very, very pregnant, so two were able to chat privately for a brief amount of time.

"Aye. But you were there...long hair and all," he said, eyeing her cropped hair. She grabbed it instinctively. 

"Did my powers come back?" 

"I have no idea. I left, remember?" He said. 

"Right. So what happened?" She wondered. 

"Okay, Henry's asleep upstairs," Emma said, coming down the steps and into the sitting room. "If he wakes up, you three are helping me with the case," she sat down on the couch next to Kyla and addressed her family. "So what happened here? Besides the obvious," she pointed at her mother's stomach. 

"We don't know," Snow answered truthfully. "We watched you drive over the town line with Henry, Regina started to cast the spell to bring us all back to the Enchanted Forest, and then everything went black."

"The next thing we remember is waking up in our beds like it was another morning in Storybrooke," David continued. 

"Except it clearly wasn't," Kyla added, speaking once again of the pregnancy. 

"The last I saw of you lot, you were making your way to the Regina's castle," Hook said. 

"And now you're cursed. Why doesn't that surprise me?" 

Kyla shook her head. "Regina seems as clueless as the rest of us. I don't think she was involved in this," she said, defending her friend. 

"So she says," Emma said, skeptical. 

David then asked Hook how he knew to find Emma and bring her to Storybrooke, to which he explained he received a message from a bird saying that Emma's family needed her. He had assumed the Charmings sent it. 

Two of the dwarves stormed in then, saying that their brothers kept disappearing, along with other citizens of Storybrooke. They were determined to figure out who was behind all of this, and Regina was the first person they needed to talk to. 

Though, Regina was still distraught over losing Henry. Now, with Henry in Storybrooke and his memories still gone, she was more vulnerable than ever. Kyla could feel the pain she felt when Henry looked at her the next morning at Granny's and had absolutely no idea who she was. She was constantly breaking inside. 

They wanted to come up with a plan, but the people were too quick to blame Regina for this new curse, though Kyla was 100% certain she was innocent. 

What didn't help was the fact that any being that approached the town line was abducted. So far, dozens of the Storybrooke citizens were missing. 

Emma and Kyla decided to resume their duties as Sheriff and Deputy and speak to everybody at a town hall meeting. Every member of Storybrooke, old and new, showed up to voice their concerns about everything new. 

They bickered amongst themselves until Emma was able to get their attention, and they began to attempt to calm them down. 

"I know that you're frightened and confused, but I need you to listen!" Emma called into the crowd.