True Love? // Storybrooke

Neal was dead. 

In the events that occurred from Neal arriving Storybrooke, he ended up dead. Killed by the Wicked Witch. 

"Zelena," Rumple had sneered while he watched his only son die in front of him. 

Emma had been too dumbfounded to comprehend in the moment, but Kyla knew. 

Neal had tried to bring Rumple back from the dead back in the Enchanted Forest, but Zelena tricked him, causing him to live inside his father's mind. Once they were separated, Neal couldn't survive. It was a life for a life. 

Emma, David and Kyla stormed into the loft, knowing Zelena was with Snow in that very moment. But Zelena had escaped, knowing her identity had been discovered. 

They all understood there was no time for mourning. Zelena was after Snow's child. But still, they took a moment to hold a service for Neal. During the gathering after the service, a new discovery was made. 

As they sat around in Granny's Diner, Kyla tried to keep her emotions in check. She played it off well, but Rider could tell something was off. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked, concerned. She shook her head. 

"Bae helped me escape from Neverland. He's saved my life a couple of times and I just...I wasn't able to save his."

"Because of your powers?" 

She nodded. 

"It's not your fault," he promised her.

"Maybe. And I'd love to say I'll be the one to kill her, but," she paused, eyeing the room, "I think I'll have to get in line."

He gave her a sad smile as they watched the Charmings gathered together. Emma mourning her lost love, and her parents feeling helpless with their child. That much she could feel. 

Suddenly, the doors to Granny's flew open, Zelena entering. Kyla stood up from the booth she and Rider were sharing, slowly walking to Emma's side. 

"My condolences," she said, a smirk on her face. "So sorry I missed the funeral. I could never pass up a wake."

She held Rumple's dagger in her hand. Kyla could feel Emma's heart beating faster and faster. 

"Oh, did I miss the speeches? Shall I make one?" She began to walk through the diner, toward Emma and Kyla. "I am after all responsible."

Emma, furious, began to walk toward the witch, but her mother pulled her back. 

"Emma, no, too many people will get hurt," she said quietly. 

"Listen to your mother," Zelena said. 

"Cocky," Kyla muttered. 

"Anyone who interferes with my plan is going to have to deal with the Dark One," she threatened. She moved closer to them and Kyla and David instinctively moved in front of Snow.

"Don't come any closer," he warned. 

"Don't worry, I"m not here for your baby," Zelena said, then paused. "Today, anyway."

"Then why are you here?" Regina finally spoke up.

"Now that my cover's blown," Zelena said, "I can finally pay a visit to my little sister." 

Regina's stare never faltered, but David and Kyla shared a look of confusion. 

"Who the hell are you talking about?" Regina asked. 

It slowly hit Kyla, the way Zelena was looking at her, the hate she could feel exuding from the witch. It was the same hate Kyla had felt for Snow.