Six Weeks Later // Storybrooke

*6 weeks later*

Kyla was on her way to meet Rider at Granny's for their daily lunch. Since he had gotten a job working for Granny, they've been able to have more dates together, which was now Rider's favorite thing. 

Things had been relatively quiet since Rumplestiltskin had been banished from the town. Emma and Kyla (along with David) resumed their jobs at the station, while Snow was back working at the school and Regina continued as the mayor, except this time, she actually wanted to help the town instead of just rule it. Hook and Belle were hellbent on getting the fairies out of the hat that Rumple had captured them in. It was his way to get out of Storybrooke with his powers in tact. Hook was feeling especially guilty as he was the one who captured them while Rumple had his heart. Everyone tried to convince him it wasn't his fault, but nothing would persuade him otherwise. 

But, as luck would have it, they figured out a way. Rumple's dagger. Belle had been in contact with some professor from England who was able to translate a spell she had found for the hat. Regina, Emma, Hook and Belle were in the woods attempting to let them out.

"Hello, my love," Rider said as Kyla stepped through the door. She smiled. 

"Hey," she said, walking up to the bar and leaning over to give him a kiss. 

"No fun festivities today?" He asked. She shook her head. 

"They're all in the woods," she said, taking her seat at the bar. 

Rider passed her a cup of coffee. "And you don't want to be there helping?" 

She shrugged. "I don't need to be. Plus, I'd rather be right here," she said, holding her cup up. He grabbed a cup of his own and clinked their glasses together. "How has your day been?" 

"Busy. Granny is tough to work for," he said.

"I heard that!" Granny called from the back room. Kyla rolled her eyes. 

"Don't mind her. She's not as scary as she seems." 

"So, what do you want to do today?" He asked. 

As she began to think, the doors of the diner crashed open and almost every townsperson walked through. They had done it, the fairies were let out of the hat and were safe. 

Granny didn't hesitate. Rider groaned. Immediately, drinks were served and food was being made to celebrate.

Kyla watched Hook walk into the diner, sulking. Guilt overcame him. He walked to the back of the diner, needing a moment to be alone. 

"Hey," Regina said, walking over to Kyla with the storybook in hand. Kyla nodded her hand. 

"Congratulations, hero," she said with a wink. "What are you doing with that?" 

Regina sighed, pulling out the stool next to hers. 

"The author."

"Of the storybook?" 

"Well, that's the thing," Regina said, handing Kyla the book. She took it, confused and opened it up. 

Blank pages. 

"What the hell?" Kyla said. 

"We found shelves of them in the Sorcerer's mansion." 

"New stories," she breathed. 

"Henry and I have been thinking that there might be a way to change my story," she said. Kyla looked up at her. "The original author wrote me to be a villain." 

"But you're not a villain anymore," Kyla confirmed. 

"Exactly. But, if you read any stories, villains don't get happy endings," she said.