Never Ending // Storybrooke

Emma, her parents and Henry visited Neal's grave to give Henry a chance to say goodbye to his father. Kyla decided to stay behind, allowing the family to grieve their loss, though both she and Hook were also close with Bae. She, Hook and Rider were sat at Granny's, thankful to have the curse broken, but still worried about Zelena and finally grieving Bae's death theirselves. 

"How are you doing with it all?" Hook asked her. He was sitting across from Rider and Kyla in the booth. 

"There's still too much happening to take it all in. How about you? You and Bae were close," she said. Hook shrugged. 

"Aye, we were. Though, I don't think he ever forgave me for leaving him in Neverland and then trying to kill his father."

Kyla laughed. 

"Wait, kill his father?" Rider asked, trying to catch up. 

"The Dark One," Hook answered dryly. 

"Yeah, you've missed the whole thing with Hook and his hunger for revenge. It's how he met all of these wonderful people," she explained. 

"But you two knew each other from...before all of this?" He asked. 

"Back some...50 years ago?" She said, shocked at how much time had passed. Then she looked to Hook, whose gaze wasn't set on anything. He was deep in thought. She could feel how distressed he was. 

Kyla shared a look with Rider, trying to mentally tell him to give them a minute. He understood almost immediately. 

"I'm going to go get a refill. You need anything?" He asked. Kyla shook her head. Hook didn't move. He kissed Kyla on the cheek and slid out of the booth, walking up to the bar. She turned and looked at Hook, hard. 

"What's up?" She asked.

"Just trying to enjoy the festivities, love," he answered, raising his glass with just a drop of rum in it. 

"Try again," she said sternly.

Hook sighed. "I'm afraid a secret I've kept has hurt your family."

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

Without hesitation, he told her the truth. "The reason Henry and I were at the docks was because I was trying to get him back to New York."

"Why?" She asked, afraid she was being let out of the plans once again.

"Zelena," he sneered. "She...this is humiliating, she poisoned me in order to take Emma's magic away. My lips, actually."

"She wanted you to kiss Emma?" She asked.

"You're telling me you had no idea?" He asked.

"No, of course I've known. I've known since Neverland. You two are about as subtle as my sister and her husband," she teased.

"Well, whatever Emma felt for me I'm sure is gone now," he sad, sadly.

"I wouldn't be so sure. Did she threaten Henry? Is that why you were at the docks?"

"Aye."

Kyla shrugged. "You were doing your best to save Henry. Been there, done that. Give her some time to work through her pride, I'm sure she'll get over it."

"She is a hard woman, isn't she?" He chuckled. 

"That she is. But hey, she definitely won't want to kiss you now," she said, winking at him. 

"That's not helpful whatsoever," he sneered. 

"Yeah, but it's funny. Listen, this will all be over soon. Once Emma's back, we can come up with a way to get Rumple back and then put a stop to Zelena. He's the only thing standing in our way of defeating her. Then, you and Emma can have a grown up conversation about your feelings and we can all get back to normal."