Rider vs. Pan (Part Two) // The Underworld

RIDER'S POV

The silence was beautiful. Peaceful, even. Although darkness surrounded him, her face lit wherever he was trapped. Her blonde hair glowed, her green eyes sparkled. They were alert, almost frazzled. Slowly, she moved toward him. He felt paralyzed by the beauty of the creature in front of him. The comforting fact of it all, one he knew to be absolutely true, was that she was his. And he was hers. 

Suddenly, her hands grasped his shoulder. Time seemed to move in slow motion. He felt the pull of her strength on his body as he was shaken in rhythm with her. 

"Rider," her voice mused. It was a melodic sound just in one word. He felt a smile come to his face. How he craved that voice. She sang his name again. "Rider." 

He blinked a few times, noticing the true panic in her eyes. Her voice now was short, louder than normal. "Rider!" She shouted, giving his shoulders another tug. 

His eyes were open then. He looked around frantically, attempting to find his surroundings. His vision was blurred. Where was he? 

"What's going on?" He asked, his words slurred. 

Had he been drugged? He couldn't remember. 

"Oh thank god," her voice came again. His eyes gazed at the figure in front of him, attempting to focus, but that voice...he recognized that voice. 

"Kyla," he said as his vision finally focused. A smile grew on his face, though it was a lazy smile.

He looked down. His hands were still bound behind the chair's back. He hadn't been moved from the chair, however the chair had been moved into the backroom in Gold's shop. He tugged at the ropes again, then looked into Kyla's wild eyes. 

"Kyla?" He asked, but she just stared at him. 

"I'm sorry," she said.

"I'm just so glad to see you're all right," he said, wanting to reach for her face. "Can you untie me?"

Kyla's only response was standing straighter, away from him. He followed her with his eyes, confusion overtaking him. 

"I'm sorry," she repeated. 

"What are you doing?" He asked. His voice was cleaner and his head was clearer. Pan was nowhere to be found, but he could still feel the demon boy's presence. 

"You don't understand," she said. 

"What don't I understand?" He asked, his body tensing as he tried for the ropes again. 

He watched as tears welled in her eyes. "He needs me," she whispered. 

Rider's eyes widened. "He wants your power," he corrected her. But she smiled, shaking her head. 

"No," she said. "He wants me. I can't explain it, but the connection between us is so strong and I can't fight it. I don't want to fight it." 

"Kyla, he's using you. He wants to go back to Storybrooke and kill all of you. Kill your family. You. Me." 

"You don't know him," she said, her voice suddenly stern.

"I do. He's no different than any other villain we've encountered." 

"You haven't encountered many," she contested. 

"Kyla, where is this coming from?" He pleaded. "What's happened to you?" 

She laughed. It wasn't joyful. It was out of frustration and sadness. "What's happened to me? What's happened to you?" She crouched in front of him, meeting his eyes directly. "What happened to the confident, suave man I met in that tower? I need a man and you've done nothing to amount to it."