Heroes and Villains (Part Two) // Enchanted Forest

The sight of the boy made Rapunzel stumble. She never stumbled. 

David pushed her out of the way, drawing his sword and moving toward the pirate. 

Was he a pirate? 

She rattled her brain. Why did this man look so familiar? The woman? The child? 

How did she know his name?

Snow White's blood boiled as she stared at her sister in anger, but it didn't faze Rapunzel. She was staring at the woman. 

Emma. 

Suddenly, it was as if a light turned on in her head. 

Emma. Emma Swan. 

And Henry. 

Kyla. 

The name appeared in her head over and over. Her hand rose to touch her golden blonde hair. There was a clip tightly fastened around it. Long blonde hair. Magic. 

Her eyes were open. 

They were cursed. Once again. 

She met Emma's eyes, realizing the situation. David was attacking Hook. Neither of them were aware of the newly cast curse. But, Kyla was too late. 

Hook knocked David down, but only for a few seconds. David's sword, then, made contact with Hook's abdomen, causing him to crash to the ground. 

Emma's eyes filled with tears. Kyla's filled with fear. 

In a second, Henry was pulling Emma away and David stood proudly by his Queen. 

Kyla couldn't breathe. 

As Emma and Henry ran, the dwarves began to pursue her. Snow White's hand rose, motioning for them to stop. 

"Not yet," she said. Then, she turned to her sister. "We need to talk." 

They made their way back to the castle in silence. Snow White and her guards escorted Rapunzel back to the throne room. 

"What the hell was that?" Snow White yelled. Kyla, now awake, was not prepared for her sister's anger. 

"Snow," Kyla said, moving toward her sister. 

Snow turned, evil coursed her eyes. "Snow? How platonic. How informal. It's Your Majesty."

Kyla gulped. Not making it obvious, she looked around the room, trying to find an exit. She needed to find Emma. 

Snow came into her line of vision, touching her chin. "Look. At. Me."

Kyla had never been scared of her sister. Snow had magic here.

She wondered if she could die in this realm. 

Hook. Was he dead?

She tried not to seem panicked. She just needed to figure out a way out. 

Then it hit her. 

Her magic. 

She knew she could stall Snow without hurting her too badly. 

A witch fight? It was the only way. 

"Snow," Kyla breathed, "I'm so sorry." 

Kyla's hands lit up in sparks and she pushed them toward her sister, who was caught off guard. She flew back into the walls. Before the black guards could approach Kyla, she threw her hands up, engulfed in a cloud of smoke and disappeared. 

She didn't know where to go, so she ended up in the woods. There's no way they'd be able to follow her. Snow didn't have the abilities that Kyla did, she'd be able to hear her from a mile away.