The Race to Henry // Neverland

*present*

Pan had given Emma a map to find Henry. The only problem was, it was blank. She had to stop denying who she truly was in order to unlock it. 

They circled Emma as she stared at the map in distress. She was trying to go through everything she was: a mother, a daughter to Snow White and Prince Charming, a bail-bonds-person, but she couldn't say the final one. Her parents had to coax her into it. 

"You were able to break the curse because..." David urged her. 

"You don't have to be afraid to say it," Snow said with a smile. 

"Say what?" Hook asked. 

"The "S" word," Regina answered. Kyla rolled her eyes. 

Emma took a deep breath in and slowly drew it out. Staring at the map, she said in a monotonous tone, "I'm the Savior." 

And nothing happened. 

Kyla shook her head. She knew exactly what Pan wanted her to admit, and she knew Emma could feel it too. 

Regina snatched the map from her. "I'm beginning to think there isn't a map on here. But it doesn't mean it can't lead us to Henry." 

"I thought we decided that using magic was a bad idea," David said.

"For once I agree with the Prince," Hook said. David stared at him in shock, with Hook ruining the moment by saying, "Well, I told you we were getting along." 

"You could try a locator spell," Kyla said. Everyone looked in her direction. "If we're going to use magic anyway, that map belonged to Pan. If she uses the locator spell, it'll lead us to him. And with him should be Henry, right?" 

Regina smiled at Kyla and her hand lit up. She waved it over the map and it began to float in the air. 

Kyla knew exactly what she was doing. She knew she was leading them to Pan's camp. It was the only way to get them to play by Pan's rules and protect everyone, including herself. She was just withholding information and leading them to Pan, that was it. It was the only way to keep everyone safe. 

Or that's at least what she told herself. 

Hook gave Kyla a puzzled look, but didn't question it. One of the rules on Neverland was simple:

Never question the Queen. 

As they walked, Kyla stayed toward the back of the pack. She could tell that Hook was weary of this plan, but he kept quiet. Eventually, they found the camp. David led them into it, while Hook warned Emma about the nature of Pan. 

"He may look like a boy, but he's a bloody demon." 

Kyla couldn't argue with that. She pushed past Emma and Snow who had stopped to contemplate their next moves. 

The campsite was silent. The boys weren't in their eye line, but they were lining the site. Kyla could feel each of their presence there, biding their time before they could strike. She willed Pan to take it easy on them. It wasn't about killing the heroes, but stalling them. 

"No one's here. Maybe your spell was wrong, Regina," Snow said. 

"Yes, blame me, again," Regina said. 

"It wasn't wrong," Kyla said flatly. "They're here." 

They walked past the brush into the open field, finding Henry in his well-known jacket standing with his back to them. 

"Henry!" Emma called out. But in turning around, it was Pan they faced, wearing Henry's jacket. 

"Hi Emma," he said with a smirk on his face.