The Captain and the Queen // Neverland

*past*

Rapunzel ran through the woods in a hurry. The wind moved in her direction, which only made her move faster. She could hear the laugh sand cheers of the Lost Boys behind her. Her breath and heart were steady. She could do that all day. 

She found herself at the beach and a small boat approached. She stopped dead in her tracks, watching as Felix walked off of the boat with a few of the Boys trailing behind him. They were dragging a boy with him. 

Felix approached Rapunzel, a smirk on his face, and bowed lightly. 

"Majesty," he said, complying with Pan's rules. 

"Is it him?" She asked. 

"We're not sure just yet. The pirate dropped him off," Felix answered. 

"Pirate?" She questioned. 

"There is much you don't know, My Queen," he said, walking closer to her. "Much he has yet to tell you." 

"And you don't think he will?" She asked. Felix was feeling threatened by her lack of fear. He stood up straighter. 

"You may think he loves you, but he'll never trust you the way he trusts me," he whispered in her ear. She laughed. 

"Oh, you can't even begin to imagine how he feels about you," she said, looking up at him. "But I know full well. So, don't flatter yourself," she pushed him back. 

Felix's face contorted and she felt the anger rise in him, which made her smile even more. He couldn't touch her without the wrath of Pan. But he moved back to her, his lips pursed in anger, like he was holding in a scream. 

"Felix," Pan's voice was steady and stern. Felix's head shot up, staring behind Rapunzel. She turned and saw the boy standing at the line of the sand. "What seems to be the problem?" 

"Nothing," he said quietly, moving away from Rapunzel. 

Pan walked toward them, his eyes never leaving Felix's. 

"Go. Take care of him. I'll be there in a moment." He commanded. Felix nodded his head and ran off to find where the Lost Boys had taken the new kid. 

"And how are you?" He asked, taking Rapunzel's hand. 

"Good," she said confidently. 

"Not bothered by Felix, I hope." 

She shook her head and laughed. "He does not intimidate me." 

"I believe that," he said with a smile. He moved his other hand to touch her hair, stroking it gently. "You have done so much for this island and me." 

Insecurely, she grabbed her hair and began playing with it, causing Pan to let go. 

"I'm happy to have done so," she answered. 

"Well, you just let me know if you need anything. I have to go meet with our new friend. We'll see if he can help us. Why don't you head back to the camp, get some rest. I'll be there soon," he said, kissing her head as he walked by her. 

"You're not going to hurt him, right?" She said after he had passed. He stopped lightly and smiled. 

"No," he promised. "We're not going to hurt him." 

Rapunzel quietly made her way back to the camp. She walked slowly, taking in the trees and brush around her. Growing up in the tower, she had come to appreciate any wildlife she could find. The smell of the forest was like a hit of serotonin to her. The feeling of the dirt beneath her feet was like walking on a cloud. She loved every bit of it and couldn't imagine being anywhere.